F'ed up the Bimmer... pics inside...

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
so yesterday, I was finishing up installing the re-upholstered headliner and I had an accident...
so the parking break doesn't work in this car and I have been fine with that just putting it in gear and parking in my driveway with a 2x4 piece behind the front wheels. I'm finishing up installing the rear passenger handles back into the ceiling and all of a sudden I feel the car starting to roll backwards down the drive way. I forgot to put it back into gear when i moved it onto the blocks... I was in it with the seats folded forward and the doors wide open. I jump out as fast as i can but the passenger door caught on some decorative rod iron fencing at the corner of the driveway and the sidewalk... Bent the door back and broke the lever thing (i forgot what it's called...). Definitely damaged the door and the interior panel... I stopped the car mid street before it would've hit a car parked on the other side.

well here are the pics.
IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

well the new headliner looks good... not bad for my first time and for the fabric store having cheap black headliner...
IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

this thing did the damage... that thing ain't goin anywhere...
IMG_1812.jpg

well im looking for a new door now. I finally get on an upswing of fixing up this car then crap like this happens... but i guess you live and learn. Oh and im also looking for a new parking break.

Freddy

Addict
Jan 15, 2008
Chicago
Wow that sucks!! I once had a similar scenario like yours but I didn't damage anything except my legs were sore from being able to stop the car from rolling into my neighbors garage (live in Chicago, was in the alley) while on the passenger seat. :|

At least you know that the fence thingy was well installed. lol sry :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info