Clutch question

tonydahose

Regular
May 7, 2004
i havent been in here for a few years, kids will do that to ya. My clutch just went out and i need to find out what kind i should put in it. I have a 99 cobra vert with 15K on it. i used to take it to the track b4 kids but now i just beat on it going to and from work in the summer. i was quoted $700-800 for a stock clutch with the install and sending out the flywheel to get machined. any ideas are appreciated..thanks! edit: i am on the nw side of the city, a good shop close by would be great. i am probably going to have it towed in.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
its really not difficult get a spec or centerforce or somethin for a couple hundred and have ur flywheel redone and save the money of someone else doing it

Where can you get a center force for "a couple hundred"?

I'll take two...

The entire clutch setup is usually closer to a grand but includes a pressure plate, clutch disk, throw out bearing and flywheel.

You can save maybe $300 reusing your old FW.

Labor is usually around $250

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Qty. Item Name Price
Centerforce 99-01 Cobra Dual Friction Clutch Kit (10 Spline) $446.37
Ford Racing 96-04 Heavy Duty Throw Out Bearing $53.95
Fidanza 96-04 Mustang Aluminum Flywheel (8 Bolt Crank) $319.00
Ford Racing 11" Clutch Bolt Kit $14.95
Ford Racing 4.6L/5.4L Flywheel Bolt Kit (8 bolts) $14.95
LDC Chicago Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit $16.95
Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adj. w/Steeda Quick Release Quadrant $94.90
Sub-Total: $961.07
Shipping is about $50.00
Total $1011
If you already have the quadrant and FW adj., then the total is about $900
If you don't want the new bolts, then knock off another $30, so you're at $870
If you reuse the stock flywheel, knock off $320, but add machining of the stock unit back in, probably about $50. So you're still at $500.
Chances are the stocker will be junk though.

But TeamStorm is right, you can do it yourself and save the labor, they aren't that difficult. But figure about $250 for labor for just the clutch and FW. And CenterForce is a good replacement.

If you are going aftermarket, I seriously recommend the quadrant, firewall adjuster and freeplay kit. Your clutch will last longer.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• tonydahose
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list