Machine shop to avoid in the NW burbs...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Let my misfortune save you from ever having to deal with John @ SpeedTech in Cary!

After sending my short block LS1 to SpeedTech on June 4th and just recently getting it back after somehow being charged over $2000 for what was supposed to be @ first just washing the block and installing new cam bearings... John @ SpeedTech somehow found a way to rack up quite a tab for me. $2000+ and he didn't even reassemble the short block! His original timeline of 9 weeks turn around ended up as FOUR and ONE HALF MONTHS!

If you're looking for a machine shop in NW IL, stay away from SpeedTech.

-Eagle

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So I ended up with mains/rods/cam bearings and a cam. Which accounts for about $400 of the bill. Past that its all crap like three different line items for washing/tanking the block to the tune of something like $250. SO much of it is nickle and dimeing me for stupid shit. I think I'm going to image the invoice he gave me and post that up too.

-Eagle

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You'd love to hear that one of the bellhousing bolts that HE HAD THE MOTOR ON THE DAY I PICKED IT UP was stripped out from presumably being cross threaded.

He tells me that he FORGOT to tell me about it. Needless to say that he also forgot to repair it, although he sure did put a BIG RED ARROW pointing to it. Glad he did that rather than spending the $25 for the repair that I'll now have to do myself... AFTER $2000+ worth of work.

Terrible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info