tob/pilot bearing noise?

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
well, i started up the car today to take out for a little drive. it was squealing at idle a little but but then it would go away. after driving around a little bit i began to notice it more. i am trying to figure out if it is a belt issue or clutch issue. i pushed the clutch in going about 30mph and the squealing went away when it dropped to idle rpms, i bliped the gas with the clutch still pushed in and the squeal returned.

i haven't popped the hood yet or done much examining yet. the clutch, tob/pilot bearing have no more than 400mi on them. the TOB is a ford racing heavy duty one too.

:cussing:

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
I have the same thing, I just replaced my clutch with a centerforce dual friction setup. new centerforce throwout bearing and pilot bearing and I have the same squeal under load, either accel or deccel. Mine goes away at idle and when i have the cruise control on. Im taking my car wed to the trans shop to see what it is. He is thinking its a defective or dry throwout bearing.

Ill let you know what I find out.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
well, i started up the car today to take out for a little drive. it was squealing at idle a little but but then it would go away. after driving around a little bit i began to notice it more. i am trying to figure out if it is a belt issue or clutch issue. i pushed the clutch in going about 30mph and the squealing went away when it dropped to idle rpms, i bliped the gas with the clutch still pushed in and the squeal returned.

i haven't popped the hood yet or done much examining yet. the clutch, tob/pilot bearing have no more than 400mi on them. the TOB is a ford racing heavy duty one too.

:cussing:

The easiest way, in this case if you're not sure, is to remove the belt and do the drive again and see if the noise is gone.

You should also check to make sure the TOB is backed off of the PP fingers when the pedal is all the way in the up position. There should be about 1/8 inch between the TOB and PP fingers.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info