If headgasket blew would it throw a code

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
well the fan is fine. I turned on the A/C on it kicked on. I am checking all the hoses next. I am just sitting at work staring at my car out the window. My stomach hurts just thinking about it. Just trying to cover all my bases. IDK what it could be but I hope it isn't major. I am wondering if because the fan kicked on when I turned on the air, does this mean the thermostat is fine or does the system have two settings. One for air conditioning on and one for engine temp increasing? Or does it all work as one. Atleast the fan resistor is good.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
This is how I burp the system:
When the engine is cool (and running)
I take the crossover tube plug out, then jam a funnel in it.
Make sure there is enough coolant so the fluid is in the actual funnel. Let the bubbles start making their way out the funnel. When sufficient time has passed, the level will usually go down and no more bubbles will be present.
If at this time the lower hose is still cold...look at the thermostat.

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
don't really think I have a blown headgasket I was just doing some research on blown headgasket and they say if the fluid is pouring out of the cap it could be. I saw on this site someone who had similar coditions and he blew both head gaskets. I know I am being paranoid but it is killing me seeing my baby in the parking lot hurt. Just wondering about the check engine light. I am somewhat new to the Modular world, more like the fuel injected world. I grew up loving old muscle cars and the easy factor of working on them. These newer cars seem more confusing but I am sure once you dive in, it's not that different. Thanks for any help guys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info