Coolant pouring out???? Help

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
Car is an 01 Cobra. So I am driving back to work and I smell coolant. I pop the hood and coolant is pouring out of what seems like the plastic coolant fill cap. Does my car have an seperate radiator fill and overflow tank fill cap or do you just fill it up on the right side close tyo battery. Has anyone ever expierenced this. I don't think it is overheating because I did not hear any boiling noise and the temp guage was about a little more than half way. The coolant was ful to the cap. Any suggestions? Anybody ever experience this before. I hope it is nothing major. Thanks

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
So I let the car cool off, popped off the fill cap and poured some water in there ti fill it back up. There was floating white crap in the fluid. I have no idea the last time this fluid was changed but anyway. I start the car back up and it is running fine, no white smoke out of exhaust or anything. Fan did kick on when I turned on the air

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
I had the same thing happen last week and my problem was a lot worse. It was the head gaskets!:mad:

Ouch!!! sorry to here that man. What I did not realize was how much coolant came out when I took out the thermostat. I felt like I put 2-3 gallons of new stuff in there. Just kept taking it. I will just keep monitoring it for the next couple day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info