Need some help!!!

John46307

Johnh46307
Apr 2, 2006
Whats up guys, have a question. I've been having problems with my 2000 gt as usual. I have steam coming from under the coolant box and it looked like it was coming from the radiator. Well, i replaced that and the upper radiator hose and the overflow hose. So, i let the car run for 20 mins and the low coolant light comes on again and i notice steam coming from the same spot!:mad: It looked like coolant was leaking from under the cap so i replaced the cap and still have the same problem. It doesn't overheat and it looks like coolant is seeping out from under the cap. What else should i check before i replace the box?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Whats up guys, have a question. I've been having problems with my 2000 gt as usual. I have steam coming from under the coolant box and it looked like it was coming from the radiator. Well, i replaced that and the upper radiator hose and the overflow hose. So, i let the car run for 20 mins and the low coolant light comes on again and i notice steam coming from the same spot!:mad: It looked like coolant was leaking from under the cap so i replaced the cap and still have the same problem. It doesn't overheat and it looks like coolant is seeping out from under the cap. What else should i check before i replace the box?
Not sure how the GT setup differs from a Cobra, but when I had a low coolant situation and belched some coolant I actually wound up warping the plastic overflow tank. As a result the cap never sealed it properly again and kept belching coolant. I picked up a new overflow tank and cap which solved the problem.

The other issue the Cobras have is when people don't fill the system properly and get all the air out.

If your leak is from the metal radiator tank and cap I have no thoughts on what your problem might be.

John46307

Johnh46307
Apr 2, 2006
Thanks man, I think i need an excuse to pick up a new aluminum tank. Lol! Do you think a lower intake manifold gasket would cause something like that to happen? A guy at NAPA said that could be something that would cause too much pressure in the tank. Whats the best way to belch this system?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• John46307
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list