HID's

03Mach

Jul 16, 2009
hey i was wondering what other people thought of these before i jump in and buy them. my buddy bought some for his 01 cobra and he hates them. he said that he cant see much of anything at night.? they look good on his car but i dont want to buy them if they arent practical. im not really sure what "XXXXk" they are but i was wondering if the lower ones (more white) were better? i still want them to have the clean sharp look like his do but i want them to be practical too. please let me know.

any feedback is appreciated as always.:headbang:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have an older 6000K HID set. Slight but noticeable blue tint.

Upside:

Much brighter lights than stock. I can see well. The beam pattern provides a solid band of light rather than the 2 circles of light the stock lights provided. Illuminates further, too.

Downside:

No Brights. Some kits now have HID High and Low Beam. More money but I would have bought the kit with the brights if I had the option.

The install is relatively easy although some kits' instructions could be better.

I'd buy them again [with brights].

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
so 6000k will still give me a little bit of blue tint?? i didnt know whether to go with 6 or 8.
thanks for the advice guys.
CobraJack, VenomInside and I actually had our 3 HID Cobras together at my house a few years ago. We took pics. 8,000s are noticeably bluer than 6,000s. 6,000s are noticeably blue tinted but less so than 8,000s. Jack had 4,000s if I remember right and those were white with little blue as mentioned above.

I don't know if the pics are still available. Tried a quick search but didn't find them.

I'm in the far South suburbs if you want to take a look at 8,000s.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
How exactly do these work correctly? Is there the proper cutoff on the beam or do they splash light everywhere, blinding oncoming drivers?

I looked at the DDM kits and $30 is a pretty good price, but I don't think they're legal.

You aim your lights carefully so you don't excessively blind oncoming drivers. I rarely get "flashed".

stangman

Jul 20, 2007
i got my hid's from americanmuscle.com they are both low and high beam and they are 8000k. they are way better than stock lights. i can see a hell of alot better. even tho i paid some money for them it was well worth the investment and the install was very easy. took me 30 mins for the complete install.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info