anyone have access to a tech II that could get my car back to stock...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I went to license my car on hptuners to begin futzing with it... and got an error code...

hptuners said this:

Its because this is an invalid PCM OS for this Vin number.as per GM's SPS site http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web which is the standard we go by. Your best bet would probably be to have a shop with a tech 2 flash it back to a valid stock file.

sooo

anyone can help a brother out?... im good for a beer or 3 or 4 in exchange...

thanks

K J

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Someone with a powertuner can load in a stock bin, you'll be in business, thats what I had to do...

thats what i like to hear.

i think trannyman used a powrtuner to do it... do you understand why it wont license? does dhp change the format of hte pcm or something?

That scanner costs a few grand. I doubt anyone here will have access to it unless they have their own shop. We have one at work, but it's sketchy enough bringing it out to the parking lot to do your own shit, let alone doing it on anyone elses car.

actually the kids that were helpin me this weekend said they could have brought one... i just didnt let them know... also i think my neighbor has a one but im not positive... and i havent seen him in a while.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Flashing it back to stock with a PT would leave him in the same situation. PT has its own proprietary format compared to HPT. His best solution would be a tech 2.

KJ, get ahold of Justin at Caspers. The shop is in Mundelein and he has a tech 2.

What you know about PT and PCMs? Seems last time you blew up one. Im thinking the VIN in the PCM file just don't match the vin on the car.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
What you know about PT and PCMs? Seems last time you blew up one. Im thinking the VIN in the PCM file just don't match the vin on the car.

Yeah, if you bothered to even keep up with that situation, the next person that tried to flash his PCM killed it as well. Turns out you need to remove the fuse for the radio for 04s or some shit like that. Nice to know you know the entire situation and you have quite a vast knowledge on the powertuner and HPT. :picard:

You need a tech 2.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Yeah, if you bothered to even keep up with that situation, the next person that tried to flash his PCM killed it as well. Turns out you need to remove the fuse for the radio for 04s or some shit like that. Nice to know you know the entire situation and you have quite a vast knowledge on the powertuner and HPT. :picard:

You need a tech 2.

Sorry, not on the internet 24/4 and read every single thread on multiple forums.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Sorry, not on the internet 24/4 and read every single thread on multiple forums.

I am not either. However, when it comes to something I have done or something I know about, I like to keep up with it. You just seem to know what you are told. Where as I try to keep up with the shit. Kinda like the whole M90 bullshit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info