About to do Brakes...

03Mach

Jul 16, 2009
about to do brakes on my mach and figured id ask on here to see if there were any tips or tricks before i get started. never done brakes on a mustang before..? my last car was a 02 honda accord and doing the brakes on that was pretty straight forward. any help would be appreciated. going to do them on sunday.

*btw the brakes are just stockers*

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
It should work on the mustang, the piston size is about the same in the rear. on the fronts there is a slide pin on the lower portion of the caliper, which is how it stays in place. remove the E clip on the inner side and slide the pin towards the outside of car. other than that, simple.

03Mach

Jul 16, 2009
hey guys thanks for all your help.. brakes were a breeze on the mach. other than the little bump in the road being sold the wrong rear rotors!! when i got the rears off and compared them to the replacements, the new ones were substantially smaller than the "orig's" after going back up to napa i found out that the mach 1's rear rotors (in their computer) come up the same as the gt's. when i had them look up the cobra rotors they went and grabbed them and they were a perfect match. so as far as doing the brakes, it was no problem. but i wanted to come on and say thanks for the tips. as always you guys were very helpful.

so thank you:headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info