the flaming SHO!

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
while helping dasfinc do somethings to his SHO we ran into this...

flamingsho.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm REALLY curious how the hell that happened, Lol. (Bought the car like this) :eek3:

Sadly she is still breaking up at WOT, Time to clean off the MAF and test the injectors :tear:, She is ALOT healthier now though, most of the rear bank of plugs were drenched in oil before I replaced all the top end seals and gaskets.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
I'm REALLY curious how the hell that happened, Lol. (Bought the car like this) :eek3:

Sadly she is still breaking up at WOT, Time to clean off the MAF and test the injectors :tear:, She is ALOT healthier now though, most of the rear bank of plugs were drenched in oil before I replaced all the top end seals and gaskets.

really??? we'll get her running sooner or later... anywho... she had 3 of the 6 plugs drenched in oil ekk

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If that's the case these Ford like issues shouldn't exist.

First time I've ever seen a car, let alone a SHO light its own air filter on fire.

do we need some maf cleaner or you got some?

I can't find any, and the zone is closed... Wally probably has some, I need to get the fuck out of here, Ingreds wiggin out.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I think we can safely say you don't NEED MAF cleaner to do this job. When this was going on in my thunderbird, it was fine just kind of cruising around town, but you could defintely tell if you got on it, or tried to get above 3K rpm, it just WOULDN'T want to run at all.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I think we can safely say you don't NEED MAF cleaner to do this job. When this was going on in my thunderbird, it was fine just kind of cruising around town, but you could defintely tell if you got on it, or tried to get above 3K rpm, it just WOULDN'T want to run at all.

She'll get up the revs if you feather the gas, but she just stumbles if you gun it.

Possiblity of a bad injector?

Ima see how it runs with the MAF unplugged tomorrow... I suspect it may be damaged judging by the fireball that hit the airfilter...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
maybe your fuel pump cant supply enough fuel under heavy load, but enough for just cruising. also, i dont think you can unplug the MAF and still run the car, i may be wrong though. my experience with pre OBDII fords is you cant take the MAF out without causing problems.

it is possible that the fuel pump is crapping out, not sure how I'd check that. Some SHO's managed to score SLO fuel pumps from the factory, which would crap out a ton faster than an SHO unit.

On OBD1 SHO's you can unplug the MAF and its been rumored that they infact can run stronger than before *Specifically if you are having problems I'd imagine*, Albeit it will run pig rich with a CEL and a rough idle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info