Doin work...The aftermath of the 2 day teardown

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
Well my GTP that ive had for close to 9 years was just trailered away from my garage. Kinda sad to see it go but it was time. Lots of fun memories from that car.

Anyways as of Thursday night it still had a complete (although non-working) engine in it...working a few hours after work the last 2 days. I got the stuff off that I wanted to keep and the guys picked the car up this afternoon.

This is how it looked when it left...:tear:

img200.jpg

img190.jpg

img193.jpg

The car had 2 chunked pistons, and and threw a bearing to seal the deal.

In loving memory...lol

front_left.jpg

passside.jpg

clean_engine2.jpg

norwalk2.jpg

:tear:

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
yea those pics where when the car was in its "prime" over the last few years it turned into more of a DD and things kept breaking and the car sat a few times untill I could get it it. It was a little rough around the edges now but still a dam good car.

This car handled all the beatings i threw at it, probably 75 track passes, numerous vacation trips...best car Ive ever owned. It had 150k miles on it and up untill about 6 months ago still had the original alternator, waterpump, fuel pump, MAF, EGR valve..and a few more things im probably forgetting. The only problem really ever had with it was the trans..but as all GP owners know you wanna go fast plan on am trans rebuild eventually.

Gonna miss her, but Im sure when I find the jeep I want and lift it and start running over shit over, all will be just memories. :)

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Wait until you see the aftermath of what I'm doing.

I got the welder out and filled all the holes I put in the engine compartment. Smoothed them out, and are primed awaiting filler.

The strut towers, firewall, and radiator support are all being repainted.

Not only will this thing be going back to stock, but it's being treated to a mild restoration too.

Good thing I have the time and parts to do all this...also a good thing I don't need to drive it right now!

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Wait until you see the aftermath of what I'm doing.

I got the welder out and filled all the holes I put in the engine compartment. Smoothed them out, and are primed awaiting filler.

The strut towers, firewall, and radiator support are all being repainted.

Not only will this thing be going back to stock, but it's being treated to a mild restoration too.

Good thing I have the time and parts to do all this...also a good thing I don't need to drive it right now!

So keep it and start over? :hs:

GraFFix - Sorry to see another GTP leave the community.

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
Im confused......Ron bought the roller from Graffix and is doing something top secret or is that Ron's car being demmoded??
Nope another member on here bought the roller...they are dropping a new motor in it so it will still be around. it was just time for me to move on. I had the car for close to 9 years. time to drive something different.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info