TA+Nitrous=KABOOM!

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Seems like it could/should have been prevented

a blow down tube would have vented the nitrous out of the car after the pressure relief valve popped. from the looks of it the bottle didnt have a pressure relief valve(or it wasnt working right), so the bottle just blew. when you mix 2000+ PSI and a metal can with no relief things get nasty (as you can see).
sucks for that guy, hope his insurance covers it. although im not sure what this would get claimed under....

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
I was thinking that maybe the bottle heater was left on or wired incorrectly. My buffy had his nitrous kit wired in by a local very reputable shop and they wired the bottle heater switch incorrectly(opposite). When he picked it up and was driving home with the heater off, he noticed that the pressure kept rising and by the time he got home it was over 1500! He finally realized that it was still heating the bottle while the switch was in the off position!!! If something like this happened without the temp sensor hooked up properly(or bypassed) the bottle pressure could get really high. Although, I do not know what the max bottle pressure is on these bottles.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
a blow down tube would have vented the nitrous out of the car after the pressure relief valve popped. from the looks of it the bottle didnt have a pressure relief valve(or it wasnt working right), so the bottle just blew. when you mix 2000+ PSI and a metal can with no relief things get nasty (as you can see).
sucks for that guy, hope his insurance covers it. although im not sure what this would get claimed under....

I thought It was the same, my bad...... But from the pieces look like a real carbon fiber/ non metal bottle

bradspics035.jpg

So, I assume the bottle cant hold to the same abuse as a steel one:dunno:

Then again, the resin is probably more prone to weak spots than a steel bottle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info