SHO guys: What exhaust should I go with?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I keep forgetting what exhausts Paul/Ryan/Steve/etc have on their cars, and how they liked them.

I'm missing a muffler all together, and I have the stock Y-pipe. I'm going to do Catless High-flow ASAP, and then am considering doing a full cat-back, or just welding on new mufflers and leaving the stock resonator on it. What combos do you guys like the best so far?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
wrong board to ask on honestly...

from the active SHO members.. im the only one with exhaust pretty much

if you have the money... make a custom equal length y pipe then resonate it and straight pipe it. It will sound like a fucking lambo.

If you can get your hands on some of those old midas in house mufflers..... raven mufflers i think... those sound sex too.

other than that.... I can sell you my Magnaflow setup, as i will be doing something totally custom.

bigshotsho93

Regular
Sep 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
mike
iv got an old style shoshop y-pipe with no cats, and with a ball&socket style flange at the end instead of the shitty stock gasket style, 2 1/2'' pipe from there to a dynomax resonator, 2 1/2'' pipe to the rear y, and another ball&socket flange above the rear suspension, and 2 1/4'' pipe from there to the 2- 2 1/4'' 40series flowmasters. its loud as hell has a real deep bellow at idle and screams up top. the only thing i dont like is the popping when just cruising and letting off the gas-no back pressure. i dont have any tips yet so the mufflers end just under the car by the back bumper.

these flanges = no leaks
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...=10002&productId=752165&langId=-1&showValue=3

if i had an unmodded sho and wanted to have nice exhaust and a nice dd sound, with out being hassled by the fuzz about the noise i would go with dynomax. its not bad priced and iv installed one of their kits and its real easy to install.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info