Radio Modifications Question

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
IMO, I think you are better off going with a good aftermarket Nav unit. Like Pioneer,Kenwood, or Alpine. You will have a easier time integrating the factory Mach 460 sound system. The factory unit are usually not all built into 1 piece like a aftermarket is. They usually have a brian box somewhere inside the car for the gps antenna and other controls. The pioneer units are very easy to use. Can get their mid model with the gps built into a hard drive for around $500-600 on ebay, and all you would need is a wire harness ans dash kit,($30-50) and just plug and play. The aftermarket pioneer also do xm,ipod, msn direct(shows weather,gas prices,movie times, etc...)

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
When i owned my lincoln aviator i was going to try to swap in a navi unit with nav, and my truck had the available option of nav. The cost to buy the nav harness with integrated antenna wasn't worth the expense, and the factory radio's aren't the greatest either. i think it was going to cost me around $1000 for everything at my cost and not including my own labor. i would personally go find a nice aftermarket radio with nav witch i may eventually to for the stang also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info