K need some help

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
gonna start off first saying Stink star go jerk off somewhere else :gtfo2:

well ive had my car since about march/april but techically didnt get it till last week of may

and i have been dying to do mods...

heres what i wanna do

Window Tints....

HFP Front Lip....

TEIN S Tech Lowering springs

http://autocityimports.com/2006-hon...ings-classretailretail-s25000sdiv-p-7907.html

SEIBON (OEM) Carbon Fiber Hood....

http://autocityimports.com/2006-civic-hoods-c-51_1203_2312.html

SEIBON (OEM) Carbon Fiber Spoiler

http://autocityimports.com/2006-civic-spoilers-c-51_1203_1206.html

Fujita SRI

http://autocityimports.com/2006-hon...take-classretailretail-s21800sdiv-p-7968.html

DC Sports Cat-back

http://autocityimports.com/2006-hon...stem-classretailretail-s68125sdiv-p-6837.html

DC SPORTS Race Headers 4-2-1

http://autocityimports.com/2006-hon...iece-classretailretail-s52938sdiv-p-5219.html

I can right now buy Springs, Tints, SRI or the HFP front lip...what should i do first?

any ideas/other Suggestions?

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
dont do the short throw until the warrenty is up on your ride. there is a 3rd gear tsb on our cars that require them to swap it out due to friction material they used. it causes grinds and popping out. I dont really think the shifter in the si is to bad. go with the Fujita Short ram, awsome sound and decent gains. Then invest in an exhaust. i like skunk 2 70mm

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
You should get one of those whirly wheels for the exhaust, looks kinda like this.
PinWheel1.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I would go with Tint. If you arent going to throw enough mods on that thing to make it fast, then dont bother at all IMO. The average person can respect a nice looking car more than a stock looking car with performance mods. So many people compliment me on my trucks looks, but they couldnt give two shits that there is a bottle in the rear compartment!?!?!

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I would go with Tint. If you arent going to throw enough mods on that thing to make it fast, then dont bother at all IMO. The average person can respect a nice looking car more than a stock looking car with performance mods. So many people compliment me on my trucks looks, but they couldnt give two shits that there is a bottle in the rear compartment!?!?!

To each his own. I try to keep my cars looks in good order.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
what does the front lip look like? If it sits lower than the stock bumper does, i fear for it w/ the s-tech springs, because s-techs really slam the car down. it takes some skill to drive a lowered car around w/ a low front lip w/out seriously messing it up. thats why i never put anything on my wrx. i had s-tech's on my wrx, and the stock bumper sat just high enough where i wasnt gonna get into any trouble w/ it

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
Tints? What you got a fucking eye problem? Save that money for something else. I always like doing Go before Show, but thats my taste. Though i never seem to have enough money or passion leftover to do those show mods.

no its cause i think it looks good on cars..

dont do the short throw until the warrenty is up on your ride. there is a 3rd gear tsb on our cars that require them to swap it out due to friction material they used. it causes grinds and popping out. I dont really think the shifter in the si is to bad. go with the Fujita Short ram, awsome sound and decent gains. Then invest in an exhaust. i like skunk 2 70mm

i have the 3rd gear done...but im thinking of having them check out my 2nd gear...it grinds sometimes when i put it in too fast even though the clutch is 100% down....idk if you have had that problem yet

You should get one of those whirly wheels for the exhaust, looks kinda like this.
PinWheel1.jpg
.... thats a turbo and it goes inside my engine bay

I would go with Tint. If you arent going to throw enough mods on that thing to make it fast, then dont bother at all IMO.

i am going to invest invest in the car cause im going to keep it for a while...im just thinking of little things that i can do right now

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
I highly reccomend short throw kits on the new Si. I wouldn't worry about the warranty. I personally replaced a 3rd gear synchronizer assembly on an 06 Si. The car had a TWM short throw kit which allowed the car to chirp through 4th. TWMs are nice and cheap. The Mugen kit is baller too. One of the parts guys I used to work with put one in his Si and it was perfect. Dont get a DC Sports anything. Go with an SSR header and a k teller 3 inch SS header back exhaust. The k series motors LOVE fat exhaust piping. No joke. Don't spend money twice. You will want to upgrade from a DC i promise you. Just because its a "performance header doesn't mean its any good. Also throttle body spacers are nice on the RBC intake(the intake on the new Si and Accord Euro R). SSR makes baller headers. They're expensive but they're one of the best you can get for a k series. I don't recommend just getting lowering springs but Tein's are a good choice.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
that whole exhaust you are looking at is junk, tints are ghetto, is this 2001? why the hell would you get a carbon fiber hood (even the best quality ones look like shit after a year unless it is garaged in the winter and out of the sun in the summer) and a carbon fiber spoiler? yea that will look good sitting on top of a silver trunk...and good luck getting all those pieces to line up! . the intake does nothing except make it loud, and the suspension is too stiff as it is.... why put springs on it?

heres how to do it right..... buddy club header, stock catback, tein FLEX coilovers, and honestly there is no real power gain from an intake, hondata IMG, hondata reflash

and for looks: Projector HID conversion with S2K lenses and bezels, WORK emotion XD9 wheels (bronze 18"), or Desmond Regimaster (white 17") with falcon azenis tires, honda foglamp kit with 3000K hid kit, JDM valve cover (JDM black dipstick), Auger suede shift boot (matches interior perfectly), FD2 JDM front and rear red honda emblems, and take all the stupid ULEV stickers out of the inside of the windows.

Last edited:

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
that whole exhaust you are looking at is junk, tints are ghetto, is this 2001? why the hell would you get a carbon fiber hood (even the best quality ones look like shit after a year unless it is garaged in the winter and out of the sun in the summer) and a carbon fiber spoiler? yea that will look good sitting on top of a silver trunk...and good luck getting all those pieces to line up! . the intake does nothing except make it loud, and the suspension is too stiff as it is.... why put springs on it?

heres how to do it right..... buddy club header, stock catback, tein FLEX coilovers, and honestly there is no real power gain from an intake, hondata IMG, hondata reflash

and for looks: Projector HID conversion with S2K lenses and bezels, WORK emotion XD9 wheels (bronze 18"), or Desmond Regimaster (white 17") with falcon azenis tires, honda foglamp kit with 3000K hid kit, JDM valve cover (JDM black dipstick), Auger suede shift boot (matches interior perfectly), FD2 JDM front and rear red honda emblems, and take all the stupid ULEV stickers out of the inside of the windows.

IMO tints look really nice on cars so i know im going to get the tints

The springs because i think the car looks good lowered

How do you get the stickers out?i was told a razor blade and windex or something like that

I dont think its worth it to spend $50+ on 1 Red H...when it can easily get pulled off

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
yea the car looks good lowered, but it will ride even more harsh than it does right now if you just throw some springs on it, not to mention the alignment nightmare you are going to have. the coilover kit takes care of all these issues, it will be lower, ride smoother and handle better than you will ever get with just throwing springs at it. another option would be the HFP suspension kit or even the Mugen SI suspension kit, both being available at your friendly honda parts counter. i just used a razor to take the stickers off and the emblem kit is pricey, but it looks 100x better than stock and it isnt a pos aftermarket deal, it is genuine honda parts. definetly get the shift boot though, it makes the interior look much better.

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
yea the car looks good lowered, but it will ride even more harsh than it does right now if you just throw some springs on it, not to mention the alignment nightmare you are going to have. the coilover kit takes care of all these issues, it will be lower, ride smoother and handle better than you will ever get with just throwing springs at it. another option would be the HFP suspension kit or even the Mugen SI suspension kit, both being available at your friendly honda parts counter. i just used a razor to take the stickers off and the emblem kit is pricey, but it looks 100x better than stock and it isnt a pos aftermarket deal, it is genuine honda parts. definetly get the shift boot though, it makes the interior look much better.

Link for shift boot please..also do you know anywhere i can order a new shiftboot plastic thing...like the little fake chrome thing around it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info