Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
After I put my test pipes on all was well but about a week and a half ago i started getting a rattle somewhere in the exhaust. tightened all the bolts down again and it was still there...was starting to think it was the test pipes making noise. this wasnt rasp b/c it was only rattling around 2k-3k and under very light load, like a normal tinny metal rattle. fast forward to this morning coming into work and i get onto 20 and i start hearing like shit shooting out the back of the car (not unusual since rocks and whatnot get stuck in tires and we've been having our neighborhood repaved, etc). i look behind me and see like a big round black rock looking thing spill out...whatever i guess. getting towards the office i start to cringe since i know the rattle will start bouncing off all the buildings which drives me nuts...oddly enough, the car is silent. i give it some more gas, and no rattle. nothing but the sound of the VQ....took it out just now for lunch and nothing. took it thru the parking garage, nothing.......seems either a) i had something that worked itself between the exhaust and frame that finally came out or b) something actually came off my car :rofl:

i'm gonna get underneath it when i get home to see what i can see and hopefully the noise is gone for good....just wanted to post this b/c i thought it funny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info