Have a problem!

John46307

Johnh46307
Apr 2, 2006
I have a question? I went for a drive the other day and noticed a hissing noise coming from under the hood when I'm at half throttle. I also noticed white smoke coming from the exhaust, not a lot of smoke though. The car runs fine and haven't noticed any sign of fluid lose like anti-freeze or oil. The car smells like its running rich and i have noticed a slight gas smell in the oil. I did have to run a half tank of 2 year old gas through it a few month ago after i got the new engine. I have a BBK 78mm throttle body/ plenum and CAI on the intake side and JBA headers with no cats w/mil eliminators and flow-masters out back. The engine is a DSS stroker with DSS heads. I have the stock intake manifold on it right now till the Typhoon comes in.

John46307

Johnh46307
Apr 2, 2006
Thanks Aron. I checked everything with the manifold and the exhaust, everything seems tight. I also noticed that water is dripping from the exhaust pipe and it doesn't smoke right away it take's about 10 mins. I actually had the same hissing sound with the old motor but had a different intake setup just the same manifold. The stock motor spun a rod bearing when 5 quarts of oil went missing after an oil change a month prior. No sign of leaks or burning either when it happened.:dunno: I just don't want to do any damage to the new engine by driving it with it smoking and the hissing. If anyone has any suggestions on what else to check or what the problem could be let me know asap. Thanks!

John46307

Johnh46307
Apr 2, 2006
Thanks guys! I can't really tell where the hissing is coming from bc it doesn't hiss unless I'm driving. It won't do it if i just rev it. It sounds like it coming from passenger side and its pretty loud. Everything is tight on the CAI. The smoke comes about 10 mins of running and there isn't a lot of smoke just enough to worry me. There is moisture coming out with it and it smells like its running rich.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info