4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Im sure you've seen broken axles before, but hell, why not post them! :burnout:

ToBeFiled548.jpg

ToBeFiled547.jpg

ToBeFiled544.jpg

ToBeFiled549.jpg

The thing that really erks me is that the axle messed up the diff (cosmetically) which will make it very hard to get what the diff is worth. RATS. :(

But honestly, the one detail that surprised me the most was this: The DRIVERS side axle broke. WTF? :confused: :dunno:
I would have guessed the passenger side would have went due to how the car leaves under high load. Whatever.
I got the Moser axles and Cobra Diff waiting to go in.

Also, I priced out ABS rings, $120 for the pair :eek: I dont think so.
I carefully took a metal chisel and knocked them off the old axles, but one of them has a hairline crack in it. Remedy: Cleaned the mating surfaces real good with sandpaper and brake clean, then Used Green threadlock and a clamp to make sure the ring stays on the axle permanently. FLAME AWAY. :argue:

03GEETEE

The "2V" of Chitown
Feb 26, 2007
Im sure you've seen broken axles before, but hell, why not post them! :burnout:

ToBeFiled548.jpg

ToBeFiled547.jpg

ToBeFiled544.jpg

ToBeFiled549.jpg

The thing that really erks me is that the axle messed up the diff (cosmetically) which will make it very hard to get what the diff is worth. RATS. :(

But honestly, the one detail that surprised me the most was this: The DRIVERS side axle broke. WTF? :confused: :dunno:
I would have guessed the passenger side would have went due to how the car leaves under high load. Whatever.
I got the Moser axles and Cobra Diff waiting to go in.

Also, I priced out ABS rings, $120 for the pair :eek: I dont think so.
I carefully took a metal chisel and knocked them off the old axles, but one of them has a hairline crack in it. Remedy: Cleaned the mating surfaces real good with sandpaper and brake clean, then Used Green threadlock and a clamp to make sure the ring stays on the axle permanently. FLAME AWAY. :argue:

My driver side did the same thing, its because your weight on that side generally isnt gonna help things.

JTR

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info