Exhaust Scraping Question

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
Hey guys I just installed a Flowmaster catback on my car. The vehicle was lowerd about 1.5 inches and the new pipes are a little larger than then the stock ones. The pipes look and sound badass. My question is do they sell smaller rubber hangers to move the exhaust up a little? The exhaust was put in with stock hangers in stock location. Does anyone have any tricks to help or does everyone just scrape? :cool2:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
:(

exhaust.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Not going to lie i've scraped that one up a little bit, it's a kooks custom header which BLOWS because it'll be expensive, but one day i'll have a different one made for the passenger side. Normally it's just minor scrapes that I can avoid but the other day I pulled through a gas station that didn't have the lights on and clipped one of those metal caps, haven't really looked to see if it fucked it up good or not, made a noise but i didn't feel a bump so it can't be that bad.

You'll be fine, just drive very careful.

s4rge

Laser Red Stanger
Apr 9, 2005
Mine scrap and im still stock height. Your stock hangers might be wored out like mine was (pictures below of the results) . What you can do is stop by your local NAPA and buy some new hangers. I believe they sell them for $5 something each. Its better than ordering online and waiting for the USPS man.

Reason:
1. Shop did some bad welding on the rear part of my mac catback
2. My hangers were shot.

Caution: the following picture are mind blowing. The exhaust is hanging like a noob installed it. But, my hangers was shot and i was semi-new so i said F-IT and installed it anyway. Potholes and dips was owning my poor 4x4
stangz.gif

PICT0081.gif

How i fixed my problems.

1. Brought new hangers.
2. Removed the midpipe than reinstalled but only finger tightening the bolts
3. After finger tightening get a floor jack and jack up the exhaust abit than start tightening up the exhaust system.

I had 235235 exhaust combos on my car and the one i had problems with was the o/r prochamber.. that box would scrap everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info