Choosing the right plug HELP...

cobra 46

Apr 29, 2004
I have an 03 Cobra, Friend of mind has a 04 cobra both have the stock charger with 2.80 upper but changing the plugs to the so called great tr6 now was spark BLOWN OUT. WE thought it had spark or fuel problem.We swaped coils first same problem. We looked at
tr6s after 200 miles on them blue in color. For the fix I put in the stock one in runs fine. But question is what about the heat range or is it the iridium is better at same heat ranges.We are looking for a plug that will work with one heat range colder...Looking at
ITR6F-13 or the Brisk slivers and also whats a good gap. .o30-.045 with 93oct.Thanks.

Frodo

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2009
I do not recommend using the iridium plugs, they seem to have the worst spark blow out. We use the TR6 on just about everything...you just have to gap them down...if you still have a Eaton with just a pulley i would gap them down to .030...using a feeler gauge..not one of the $1 tools you get at vato zone....

hope that helps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list