Question about a cobra eaton supercharged 6cyl mustang!

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
We have a 01 6 cyl mustang with a eaton off a cobra on it.:eek: The kid has not tunned it and has the stock plugs in it.:eek::eek:h: The car is spark knocking like crazy. I know it needs a tune but what plugs should it run. It only is running 2lbs of boost it will run more with stock crank pulley!:rolleyes: This car is retarded but need to know what plugs to run.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Not too long ago, there was a guy on SVTP with a V6 Mustang that had an Eaton M112 on it. He fabbed the necessary parts himself and it looked pretty good, although the M112 looked huge on top of that 3.8.

If I recall, he made pretty good power too.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I'm running Autolite XP 103's gapped @.030 on a 3.4L SHO motor with a hand built intake and an Eaton supercharger, they say it can't be done......:rolleyes:

But your spark knock ISN'T about your plugs. Get off that stock tune and get your timing dialed back now.

I totally believe you when you say you have a M 112 on your V6 - I'm fabbing up a M112 setup for a SHO motor right now. That can't be done either....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Well funny thing about that.... Its not. I was waiting for bob kurgan to call me back but i was stupid one night. I was pissed and i boosted the engine. which i believe cause my rings to blow. There was so much compression the the dip stick kept popping up causing oil to shoot everywhere. Also a lot, i mean a lot of oil was coming out of the valve covers.

I started to tear down the motor but i dont have a engine hoist or a block holder. So hopefully i can find those this weekend and could have the motor tore down to find the exact problem.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Well funny thing about that.... Its not. I was waiting for bob kurgan to call me back but i was stupid one night. I was pissed and i boosted the engine. which i believe cause my rings to blow. There was so much compression the the dip stick kept popping up causing oil to shoot everywhere. Also a lot, i mean a lot of oil was coming out of the valve covers.

I started to tear down the motor but i dont have a engine hoist or a block holder. So hopefully i can find those this weekend and could have the motor tore down to find the exact problem.

good luck with that block holder. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info