It okay to start 'er up before getting a chip in it ???

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Well, everything is basically back together in the car and I think I'm going to try to fire 'er up tomorrow, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought. Its going to Bob ASAP to get tuned, I just didnt know if I could mess anything up too bad by making sure its going to run before getting it to him.

This was my first attempt at stabbing ni a dizzy and everything, so I dont want to make an appointment with Bob and not have the thing even fire up. I also thought maybe he could burn me a base tune and I can pop it in before starting it up ??? :dunno:

I just dont know how the computer will act to all the EGR and smog stuff being gone, if itll make it run too rich or lean or anything. Im going to set it at 10* base timing and fuel pressure at 40 PSI with vacuum disconnected like Bob suggested, but just wanted to see if theres anything else that should be done before firing it up...

I already primed the oil pump and Im pretty sure I stabbed the dizzy right (#1 at TDC of compression stroke, rotor set to #1 terminal, etc..).

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
This might take awhile, Ive never listed everything out before. :lmao:

Stock bottom end
TFS TW Stage 2+ heads from TEA
TFS Stage 1 cam
TFS 1.6 roller rockers
Stock 24# injectors
75mm MAF (Pro-M) calibrated to 24# injectors and X3Z puter
Anderson N/A power pipe
BBK 70mm throttle body
gasket matched cobra upper and lower
MSD 6AL box
MSD coil, plug wires, distributor cap

I had the car running like that for a few years no tune or anything, but I was having problems with overheating and alot of oil leaks so I decided to pull it and put all new gaskets throughout the motor and also try to fix the overheating issue.....

So I just added the following additional junk (I know some are non-factors, but im already typing):D

255 fuel pump
High flow water pump
Be Cool radiator
Black Magic electric fan
Ford Racing harmonic dampner (old one had elastomeric coming out)
ARP hardware throughout (went head studs instead of bolts)
March Alternator and Power Steering brackets (ditched smog and A/C)
BBK long tubes
BBK x-pipe
Energy Suspension motor and trans mounts
Etc...

There might be a few other little things Im forgetting, but you get the idea. :lmao:

Ive been emailing with Bob and he told me what base timing and fuel pressure to be at, so Im guessing it will be fine to fire up before I make the appointment to tune it, but I just wanted to be sure...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FESTER665
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list