Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Corvette-ZR1_Dyno.jpg

NASCAR’s Hendricks Motorsports picked up five Corvette ZR1s at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green last week with Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson in tow. They promptly dropped two of the cars straight on a dyno in North Carolina to see just what the super-Vettes were making at the rear wheels. The results? 530 HP and 508 ft-lbs of torque. Considering the flywheel power is 638 HP, these figures are in line with the rule-of-thumb 15% driveline losses for rear-wheel-drive cars. After some tuning and adjustment, they managed to bump it up to 567 HP and 532 ft-lbs. Anyway, check out the complete dyno sheet yourself.

jalopnik.png

esteinmaier

Dark Helmet
Jun 17, 2008
Many people forget that the best break in uses higher cylinder pressures to press the rings against the cross-hatching. Considering that's the only place in the bottom end that there's metal moving against metal, a weak break-in seems like a really stupid idea. I broke mine in at about 25psi.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
a hard break in is the only way to go! and by that i mean taking the revs up high and letting them back down several times in 2nd or 3rd gear within the first 20 miles. i did my civic like that and i never burned a drop of oil. just make sure the engine is warm first. ONLY PROPER WAY TO SEAT THE RINGS

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info