Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
source:
http://jalopnik.com/cars/we-ain.t-n...-break-production-car-speed-record-285113.php

ssc807.jpg

Bugatti, the end is nigh, maybe. Those lovable scamps over at Shelby SuperCars are poised to break the production car speed record (242 mph) currently being held hostage somewhere in Sweden by Koenigsegg. The unofficial production-car speed record of 253 mph is, of course, safe and sound somewhere in the German French Alps. This time out, SSC has enlisted the help of the Guinness Book of World Records to properly sanction their attempt. To set the record, the 1,183 horsepower Ultimate Aero TT must go really frigging fast in one direction, flip a bitch and then come rocketing back along the same road within one hour's time. The two speeds will be averaged to establish the official v-max. SSC will be commandeering a public highway in their home state of Washington and employing the services of Dewetron (they measure the speed of missiles), which will be using between 4 and 12 satellites to track the Ultimate Aero's run. To refresh your memories, last time out, the TT hit 241.4 mph at a driver-reported "71 percent throttle." I know I speak for everyone at Jalopnik when I say that we expect 110 percent throttle this time out. As for when, the press release doesn't say. Regardless, good luck boys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mook
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list