Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
source:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=121829

IRVINE, Calif. — Saleen issued a teaser about its upcoming 2008 S302 Extreme on Tuesday, saying that the headliner of the "S" model line will get a "redesigned and supercharged version" of the company's 302 engine that debuted in 2007. Saleen said that while "official specifications are still under wraps, the new power plant will produce well in excess of 600 horsepower."

Exact specs will be released when the car is launched in late summer. The new Extreme model will replace the current 550-hp model. The tuner said it will do a limited production run of 200 units and noted that "a waiting list is already starting."

Saleen also said that fans of the Transformers movie can get a peek at the Extreme police car code-named "Barricade" at the Saleen Store here. "Saleen delivered multiple S281 Extremes to the Transformers set for filming, but none were equipped with the new Saleen-supercharged 302-cubic-inch engine of the soon-to-be-released 2008 model," it said.

The 2008 S302 Extreme was designed by the same engineering team as the Saleen S7.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Well, I guess I'll continue on the gratuitous Mustang bashing: They need to cut the weight down on those heavy bitches, I'd like to see another Cobra-R or something, rather than 20 special editions of the same crap.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
BruGTP said:
Well, I guess I'll continue on the gratuitous Mustang bashing: They need to cut the weight down on those heavy bitches, I'd like to see another Cobra-R or something, rather than 20 special editions of the same crap.

oh i definately agree. but anyone who thinks a 600hp mustang wont be running 12s is a fool (and i know most are joking on here)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info