Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
vwfordpacman_opt.jpg

While Toyota and General Motors continue to duke it out for first place among the world's largest automakers, the lower rungs have been equally hotly contested. It came as a shock to many that Hyundai-Kia had surpassed Honda to take the Number 5 spot, but if you think the battle is being waged purely between the Far East and North America, don't discount Europe for long. The continent's largest auto group, Volkswagen, has claimed its place on the podium as the world's third largest automaker, beating out Ford in the first half of this fiscal year.

The numbers, of course, are based on sales worldwide, and they could very well change by the end of the year. Although Ford's own namesake brand surely accounts for the bulk of its sales, the FoMoCo multi-brand conglomerate that once included the Premier Auto Group has dissipated of late, while VW's numerous subsidiaries – including Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti – continue to thrive. All the more impressive, then, that a tiny company like Porsche is on the verge of seizing it all.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
that tells you how much porshe overcharges their customers :s00ls:

No it tells you how they have been acquiring shares of stock slowly over the past 50yrs. Lets do a little math for you, jackass. VW has 2,447,390 shares of stock @ 204euros/share(Which is $300, give or take). So thats $73,42,17,700. If they bought 1% a year, making them majority share holder in 51 years (figure in inflation and other market bullshit too), thats only $7,342,170 a year. VW and Porsche have had a long standing relationship going back to the beetle/356, the 911, 914 has a vw motor, 924 had a vw motor, to the current Touraeg(i still cant spell that right) and Cayenne.

Porsche is a premium brand of car, charging a premium price. People that buy Porches get what they pay for, are happy and probably don't think about buying anything else.

I like to use this for you :gtfo2:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
No it tells you how they have been acquiring shares of stock slowly over the past 50yrs. Lets do a little math for you, jackass.

Wow, sorry for insinuating that a Porsche is overpriced......You are a tool, and I don;t understand believing that a Porsche costs anywhere near what it costs to build..... I mean come on

so you :gtfo2::bigthumb:

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Whats wrong with profit? The domestics made huge profit on the SUVs they sold, mostly because they were based of trucks platforms. Use an already paid off platform to make something and charge a lot for it. Porsche deals in lower numbers, meaning they can't make cars cheaper with building 1,000,000 vehicles. Blaming a company that is still doing well for making a profit? You can't sell a vehicle for just the cost, you have to make some profit. Thats when shit goes pear shaped.

Plus they use better materials, like covering almost the whole interior with leather. And not just that stuff that passed for leather in 90's devilles. Next you'll be saying that a Rolls-Royce is overpriced. Filling certain niches of the car market is sometimes expensive, you can't deny that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info