đź“° Auto News Oh noes...Ford in trouble

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This is Roush's fault, not Fords. Roush said there would only be a certain number of Blackjacks built, which would make it an exclusive car. The cars were sold to owners who thought they were buying a limited edition car.

Then Roush made more cars, cutting into the possibility of these being valuable in the future. More examples = less valuable.

But there are so many special edition Mustangs right now I don't think these will be worth much anyways. The owners are stupid for suing Ford.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Yes we are all stupid. Every Mustang owner would have put down that kind of money for that car.

Come on, get real. Any true Mustang enthusiast knows that they can build a much better Mustang for that kind of money. Obviously people who can afford to put down that kind of money are car collectors and pulls them way out of the realm of a typical Mustang owner.

Is Ford stupid for making this error, they sure are.

Do I blame the owners for being mad, not at all.

Do I think that they should sue for $12 million collectively, no that is ridiculous. They should have their money refunded though.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I understand that Roush is responsible for building the cars, but for Ford to claim ignorance to the fact that they did not know this was going on seems far fetched. At the end of the day Ford cares about how many cars they sell.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Yes we are all stupid. Every Mustang owner would have put down that kind of money for that car.

Come on, get real. Any true Mustang enthusiast knows that they can build a much better Mustang for that kind of money. Obviously people who can afford to put down that kind of money are car collectors and pulls them way out of the realm of a typical Mustang owner.

Is Ford stupid for making this error, they sure are.

Do I blame the owners for being mad, not at all.

Do I think that they should sue for $12 million collectively, no that is ridiculous. They should have their money refunded though.

my bad, I wasn't trying to bash all mustang owners. It was mostly for all the idiots who would pay that much money for a new Mustang.

But seriously, how much value could the car lose being 1 of 200ish instead of being 1 of 100???

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
why do you resent us because we own GM?

or is your post directed towards the people who wrote the article?:squint:

I do not resent anybody that owns a GM, I like GM cars.

But posts like this are just plain ignorant.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...e-of-the-roush-stage-3-blackjack-ar61995.html

Stupid mustang owners....they sue Ford for $12 million in damages :bowrofl::bowrofl:because they made 200 of these Blackjack Mustangs instead of the claimed 100. :picard::ford: morons....

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
my bad, I wasn't trying to bash all mustang owners. It was mostly for all the idiots who would pay that much money for a new Mustang.

But seriously, how much value could the car lose being 1 of 200ish instead of being 1 of 100???

Understood.

Yeah the people who spend that kind of money more than likely wouldn't be caught dead wrenching on any automobile.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
There have been plenty of cases where car makers say they are going to build only a certain number, then demand calls and they supply and make money. Economics is a bitch.

Here is what i hope happens. Fords loses the case....wait for it....but the stipulation is that the cars MUST increase in value over a certain time. Here is where the good people of America come in: the collectors demand will plummet making these cars go down in value, then all the douchebags in the case have to give the money back, plus interest for the time and trouble.

Buy a car to drive it, then when you want (or need) to sell it be happy that you can make or get your money back. Buying a car for an investment is great, but not driving it and appreciating it is like baking a cake for your birthday thats 4 years away. Then being pissed that the cake turned to dust.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info