đź“° Auto News Nissan GT-R Spec V specs revealed by R&T

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
From Autoblog:

01_gtrspecv_ring.jpg

Road & Track just spilled the beans on the new Nissan GT-R Spec V, so we can now share their data with all of you. Thanks guys. While the "regular" GT-R is busy bringing down giants and collecting hardware in the process, the new GT-R Spec V promises to improve on the formula, and probably cure cancer or bring about world peace along the way. Here are the numbers: 2 seats only, 520 hp @ 6500 rpm, 440 lb.-ft. of torque all the way from 3200–5200 rpm, 3615 lbs., 'Ring laps quicker than 7:30, $130,000 MSRP, early 2009.

So the car will lose its back seat and enough other stuff to shed 200 pounds, will get an extra 40 advertised horses, cost almost twice as much as the current model and lap the Nordschleife faster than a Porsche 997 GT2. We had that number as low as 7:25 recently, which is just insane. We're guessing there will be enough people that will wait for this model to hit U.S. shores when it debuts in early 2009, but even more who will think they can duplicate the recipe for far fewer dollars and a regular old GT-R. Thanks for the tip, Rob!

Road and Track link: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=6948

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Sounds like bullshit HP to me. Since the regular GTR is underated they just bump this one up. Probably puts down the same as the regular GTR. Might be a tad faster due to the less weight but 200 pounds isnt much. Worth double the price? hell no.

Wait till the Exhaust/Pulley/Tune 850HP ZR1's hit the ring...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
There isn't really a whole lot of information on the Spec V, so I won't make any judgments just yet as to whether it will be worth the price or not, since we don't even know the exact price.

As for speculation, people who can afford it likely have no problem paying a premium to have limited editions and such, so I wouldn't doubt it if Nissan could get away with doubling the price.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Buyer: "What does this button do?"
Dealer: "It's used to help you get out of snow if you're stuck, if you use it otherwise it voids your warranty."
Buyer: "So you're asking me to drop $130,000 on a car that I'm really not supposed to drive hard? I think I'll go get the ZR1 which is cheaper, faster and warranteed by Chevrolet."

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Dealer: "It's used to help you get out of snow if you're stuck, if you use it otherwise it voids your warranty."
Buyer: "So you're asking me to drop $130,000 on a car that I'm really not supposed to drive hard? I think I'll go get the ZR1 which is cheaper, faster and warranteed by Chevrolet."

:rofl:

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt

:rofl: fuckin win

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL

:h5:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Just in case i have to remind everyone, but the zr1 on super car crap tires, NOT on r comp tires ran the ring in 7:26.4. Lets just imagine if that thing was on r comps.... yea.... the non-spec v gtr was on r comps, and it still lost. The new one is prob on an even better tire, and its just a hair faster... lol, pulley, intake, exhaust, and r comps on the vette, it'll run 7:20's all day long if not faster. Take it to a drag strip, and run 10's lol, then take it to the grocery store and pick up some tissues to hand out to the crying gtr owners!!!

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007

What does this button do
images

Why do they have that there?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You can only like American cars or foreign cars. Not both. Choose one. Close mindedness ftl :( They're both awesome cars. What? Say something. :noes:

I own both. The GTR was an awesome car in my mind until this whole warranty thing came up. It really has me questioning the quality of this car. I thought that the GTR was going to be the best bang for the buck, but in my mind, I know that if I bought a z06 I could beat the shit out of it every day of the week and it would come back asking for more, I'm not so sure on the GTR.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
Doesn't the M3 have the same thing going on? Maybe on the automatics? I seem to remember BMW saying you can only brake torque the z4 or M3 or something 3 or 4 times otherwise the pcm would store a code that would cause the dealer to void your warranty. Why wouldn't the dealer void your warranty. When you beat the piss out of a car who knows how long it will last. I'm sure the car is reliable as hell but when you rev it to 6 grand and dump the clutch somethings bound to happen after doing it over and over. This statute is designed to protect Nissan from having to repair something that could cost thousands of dollars.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You can only like American cars or foreign cars. Not both. Choose one. Close mindedness ftl :( They're both awesome cars. What? Say something. :noes:

You talkin about me? Close mindedness? wtf about what i said was close minded? I stand up for imported cars all day long. I give credit where credit is due, and its due to the zr1. i own an s2000 and a gtp, i picked two, and i like both. I'll put my s2000 up against any American car for reliability, its better built, better engineered. However the s2000 doesn't compare to my 3700lb gtp that has simple bolt on's and runs 12's. Skyline gets way to glorified, and don't get me wrong so does the vette, but chevy doesn't cry about a zr1 getting beaten' on. The tire difference is huge like i said, r comps are like slicks, and the zr1 basically has rubber band summer tires... thats a huge advantage. so yea, what was that you were saying phaag??:rofl::rofl:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Just in case i have to remind everyone, but the zr1 on super car crap tires, NOT on r comp tires ran the ring in 7:26.4. Lets just imagine if that thing was on r comps.... yea.... the non-spec v gtr was on r comps, and it still lost. The new one is prob on an even better tire, and its just a hair faster... lol, pulley, intake, exhaust, and r comps on the vette, it'll run 7:20's all day long if not faster. Take it to a drag strip, and run 10's lol, then take it to the grocery store and pick up some tissues to hand out to the crying gtr owners!!!

i would hardly call the ZR-1's tires crap, as chevy finally got their heads out of their asses and ditched the truly crap goodyear F1 supercars, and fitted the ZR1 with some (IIRC) michellin pilot sport II tyres- but you do make a good point, they certainly arent as good as the tires that the R35 had or even as good as the ACR viper has from the factory. but hell they will last longer than 2000 miles so i guess its a good tradeoff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info