Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:eek3:

Ford posted an $8.7 billion loss for the second quarter of 2008 that it claims is due to sagging sales in North America and one time charges associated with plant closings. The Blue Oval's brutal second quarter included revenues that were down $5.6B to $38.6B and losses from continuing operations that totaled $1.4 billion. Virtually all the bad news came from North America, as Europe posted a $582m profit, and South America ended the quarter in the black as well. Ford also wrote down $8B in special charges related to its restructuring.

The bigger news came in the form of sweeping changes to Ford's lineup that will begin with switching three truck and SUV plants to car production beginning in December. The Cuautitlan, Mexico; Louisville, KY; and Michigan Truck Plant will all be converted to produce small cars. Cuautitlan will build the Fiesta, and the other two plants will build vehicles based on Ford's next gen C architecture based on the Euro Focus. Below are the main changes Ford announced for 2009 and beyond, and the list is pretty substantial. Note a new car for Mercury, which should deflect rumors that Ford's middle child is getting kicked out of the house. We'll give you more information as we receive it.

• Convert the entire Ford, Lincoln and Mercury lineup by 2010
  • Delay closing Ford Ranger plant from 2009 to 2011
  • Double hybrid production for 2009
  • Add European Transit Connect small van to North America in 2009
  • Add a new Lincoln seven-passenger crossover in 2009
  • Introduce a new small Mercury for 2010
  • Add European Ford Fiesta sedan and hatchback in early 2010.
  • Bring next gen Euro Focus sedan and hatchback in 2010.
  • Build unibody Ford Explorer in 2010 with fuel savings of 25%
  • Double four cylinder engine production by 2011

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I love how both of you guys talk so much shit about Ford, but maybe it is just your lack of maturity.

It seems that you sir cannot drive around without plowing into someones rear end and then so easily blame it on the "crappy brakes of the Audi". Maybe if it had Ford brakes it would have stopped better.

And you had a 12 second TA that you couldn't break away from mid 14's with. Driver-Mod much??? It would appear that no GM is faster than a Ford when you are driving......You have moderator status, try and start acting like one.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
And you had a 12 second TA that you couldn't break away from mid 14's with. Driver-Mod much??? It would appear that no GM is faster than a Ford when you are driving......You have moderator status, try and start acting like one.

Wish I still had the TA. Now I have a mid 14 second Grand Prix that is faster than Mustang GT's.

DSC_2291.jpg

DSC_2292.jpg

:ford:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Wish I still had the TA. Now I have a mid 14 second Grand Prix that is faster than Mustang GT's.
:ford:

Panda, you know Damn well that mustang GT's don't run 16's, You can take all the fucking pics of some retarded driver that you want.

I can't even beat a V-6 mustang according to you fucks, and yet what you are saying is essentially that I would walk a V-8 mustang.

Get real.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i had an 89 aerostar for a winter beater....best car ever! looked like hell on the outside but it was rwd with a limited slip, did awesome donuts and burnouts and could haul whatever the hell you wanted.

i would probably still have it if the outside didnt rot away. best free winter car ever.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
If I wanted a car with a transmission that would blow out at 50k miles I'd buy a Ford.

the trans in our old windstar went out at 69,700 miles. 300 miles from powertrain warranty expiration, talk about luck. But then 5,000 miles later one of the heads warped and engine needed to be replaced, not so lucky.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm pretty sure that's not a GT. It's not terribly difficult to swap the rims and put a GT emblem on the back. Which I'm sure as sh*t that guy did. He has the wrong bumper and his exhaust doesn't look right either. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a V6 with Cobra emblems on the side. I'm sure he'd run 16's too.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm pretty sure that's not a GT. It's not terribly difficult to swap the rims and put a GT emblem on the back. Which I'm sure as sh*t that guy did. He has the wrong bumper and his exhaust doesn't look right either. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a V6 with Cobra emblems on the side. I'm sure he'd run 16's too.

I'll put my neck out here and gonna say "So Panda, by saying mustangs run 16's, you are saying I am faster than a V-8 mustang with my civic?"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info