Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
source:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/12/blue-devil-corvette-fact-vs-fiction-courtesy-of-p-m/

With all the rumors surrounding the hyped-up Corvette, Jim Dunne over at Popular Mechanics wanted to get some answers, so he went to the source – well, a source, at least.

According to the "largest Corvette dealer in Michigan" the Blue Devil/SS 'Vette will get a singular supercharger, will cost upwards of $100k and could possibly push out the current Z06 to be the dominant Corvette in the General's lineup. Only 3,000 abnormally-aspirated, Corvette supercars will be built over two years, with 1,500 units being allocated for sale each year.

The shocker? According to the unnamed dealer, none of GM's manual transmissions are up to the task of handling all the ponies produced by the blown powerplant. The solution: it's getting an automatic.

The one question that wasn't answered (or possibly even asked) is "when?" We're putting our money on Detroit or Chicago, but considering all the misinformation out there; we'd suggesting talking to a dealer.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
The problem with gm making a strong automatic is it doesn't happen. I honestly don't believe we can expect to see a well programmed trans from gm. Ferrari and lambo have it down. But BMW still doesn't and all of the mercedes AMG cars are lack luster in my opinion. The amg trans are nice and strong but there is a certain disconnect with the car. I drove an m6 for a couple of months with the smg and I personally didn't like it.

I have another problem with this information too. I can't believe the corvette trans cannot hold up. The reason for this is there are 1000 horse vipers in the world running around on these same transmissions. I really don't think GM is going to a.) make the vette with 1000 hp and b.) I don't think they are going to get rid of the t56 for a shitty auto. I think that trans is more than capable of handling the power.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
bluzohh6 said:
d.) ill race you heads up and beat the shit out of you.

fnf2_1.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info