Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
PASADENA, California — After three auto show appearances and the occasional spy photo and video from Germany's high-speed Nürburgring test circuit, it's no secret that the Lexus LF-A supercar concept is headed for production. With an estimated 500 horsepower coming from the LF-A's 5.0-liter V10, we didn't expect the Lexus to come cheap, but Inside Line has learned that the car will carry a price tag over $200,000.

lexus.lfa.concept.prf.500.jpg

Ben Mitchell, corporate product planning manager for Lexus, confirmed that the price of the carbon-fiber supercar "will begin with a two." And another Lexus source in Japan told Inside Line the price may be as high as $225,000.

Shown in both coupe and roadster forms, the LF-A will first launch as a coupe. Roadster versions will be priced even higher. Both body styles are approximately 2 inches shorter and an inch narrower than the 483-hp Ferrari F430, with a similarly sized wheelbase. A 2007 Ferrari F430 Spider costs $211,525.

Although final specifications have not yet been released, Lexus says the LF-A will reach a top speed over 200 mph.

What this means to you:
Lexus is gunning for the Italians with the LF-A, and it's not going to cut any corners in its quest to deliver a legitimate supercar.

IL_logo.gif

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Lexus are well built cars, but $225K? WOW! I guess they need to re-coup some of the $750MILLION they are spending on F1 annuall.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

word. they gotta develop their car somehow. trulli's doin some decent things for them so far this year, but they still need improvement. and glock....well...we wont talk about him, cuz hes not gonna be around long enough if he keeps up the way hes driving

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
How is the price of this vehicle so surprising when it's made in the same essence as a Ferrari/Lambo?

I agree it's overpriced, but I also believe most high end sport/luxury cars are severely overpriced. It's all about who you're marketing it to, and since this will be a very limited production vehicle, those same 'enthusiasts' are going to buy it up.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
new spy photos of the car have surfaced

We've been reporting on the Lexus LF-A since 2005, and since that time we've shown you the debut of two separate LF-A concepts, an LF-A Roadster and a race version of the LF-A that competed in the 24 Hours of NĂĽrburgring. What we've yet to show you amongst these concepts, race cars and the many spy shots in between is an actual production version of Lexus' supercar. After hearing nothing about the LF-A for some time, we've been informed that a new prototype is currently testing on the NĂĽrburgring in Germany. Though wearing camouflage, the new LF-A can definitely be seen sporting a new front- and rear-end, as well as additional sculpting to its side air intakes found ahead of the rear wheel and between the B- and C-pillars. If there's one thing we know about the LF-A with any certainty, it's that we know very little. The production version is rumored to produce over 500 horsepower from what will likely be a V10 engine, and the car itself should be capable of over 200 mph. A $200,000 price tag has been thrown around as well, though you have to question the strategy of a mainstream automaker like Toyota selling such a supercar when the entire world is caught in an economic sleeper hold.

lexuslfa.nrt1.kgp.ed.jpg

lexuslfa.nrt2.kgp.ed.jpg

lexuslfa.nrt3.kgp.ed.jpg

lexuslfa.nrt4.kgp.ed.jpg

lexuslfa.nrt5.kgp.ed.jpg

lexuslfa.nrt6.kgp.ed.jpg

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
How is the price of this vehicle so surprising when it's made in the same essence as a Ferrari/Lambo?

I agree it's overpriced, but I also believe most high end sport/luxury cars are severely overpriced. It's all about who you're marketing it to, and since this will be a very limited production vehicle, those same 'enthusiasts' are going to buy it up.

Maybe because Ferrari and Lamborghini have been producing exotic cars for over 50 years? The Lexus IS-F has pretty much been a failure when compared to the M3 and C63 and I'm sure this car will suck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info