đź“° Auto News Chrysler to guarantee gas at $2.99 a gallon! For three years!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
damn :eek3:

Who needs an 18-cent a gallon gas tax holiday from pandering politicians when you have Chrysler on your side! With gas prices rapidly approaching and exceeding $4 a gallon across the nation, Chrysler is offering up a deal that just might make people averse to the looks of cars like the Chrysler Sebring and Jeep Compass think twice. Between now and June 2, anyone who buys any new Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle will be able to register for a "Let's Refuel America" card. Once the customer registers a credit card with the program, they will receive a new card that they can use the card at participating gas stations to fuel up their new car or truck. When the card is used, the credit card the owner has on file will be billed $2.99 a gallon for either regular gas, E85 or diesel fuel. Chrysler will pay the difference. The best part is the price is locked in for THREE years. Now that's real savings. There are of course limitations on the deal. Get more details on the deal and Chrysler's full press release after the jump.

SRT models, Vipers, Crossfires (they are still around?) and Sprinters are excluded. Also, when you buy the car your card will only be eligible for the pricing for the fuel the car uses. If you buy a diesel truck you can only buy diesel fuel. Similarly gas or flex fuel cars can only get gas or E85. If you buy the opposite fuel you'll be charged the full price plus and extra $2 transaction fee. There are also annual fuel allotments based on 12,000 miles a year of driving and the EPA sticker mileage.

The card can be be used to fuel any car and if the car is sold within the three years, the owner can keep the card and continue buying fuel at the discounted price. This is one hell of a deal, if it doesn't drive Chrysler into bankruptcy, which is a distinct possibility. Because there is no way of knowing what fuel costs will be over the next three years, Chrysler can't estimate the cost. However, Steven Landry, Executive Vice President - North American Sales said the company is doing some hedging to protect themselves. If the price of fuel dips below $2.99 customers can just pay with another card or cash. The program kicks off on Wednesday May 7, 2008.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/05/chrysler-to-guarantee-gas-at-2-99-a-gallon-for-three-years/

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
i would still not want to own a fucking chrysler.

dodge-viper-srt10-coupe.jpg

06chrysler-300c-srt8.jpg

dodge_challenger_srt8_1.jpg

2006%20Dodge%20Charger%20SRT8%20Red%20front%20left.jpg

928966.jpg

06_Jeep_SRT8_09.jpg

:dunno:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
"SRT models, Vipers, Crossfires (they are still around?) and Sprinters are excluded."

ok.. id own all those...

but the caravan?

wtf is wrong with you

kinda like how I would only own SS's, gxp's, super's, vettes, camaros, gto's etc, versions from GM and if GM did this, they would probably exclude those in their offer too...

but this is a great deal for the average joe and the average joe is a MUCH larger market in the auto industry than the enthusiast. This probably will help Chrysler in the end.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
They're doing this because Chrysler's going down the shittah...and they're getting desperate

yeah cuz gm and ford arent... :hsugh:

also... is it a credit card?

or a gift card... reason i ask is if there is an interest rate, thats where they will be making their money back... probably something like 22% or something stupid...

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
haha, just talked to my mom about this. My parents bought a Hemi Magnum like 8 months or so ago, so she is a little bitter about that. It's not getting the gas mileage that she would like, yada yada yada. She's thinking about trading it in on something else now with this gas incentive. They by far wouldn't come close to doing the 12,000 miles a year, and she gets a discount on the new car because of the company she works for supplies O2 sensors to Chrysler. I've been pushing for a Diesel Grand Cherokee, but idk if they still make them. I know they stopped making the Liberty CRD, that thing was awesome, but you couldn't find them anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info