đź“° Auto News Nissan GT-R Officially Dry-Laps NĂĽrburgring In...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
its been awhile since i posted any GT-R news since most of you just jump all over me but i felt this is a good way to bring back some of my annoying monthly updates...

The Nissan GT-R Officially Dry-Laps NĂĽrburgring In 7:29

The friendly Finnish Fans of Cars all over the World tell us today the new 2009 Nissan GT-R can now lay claim to being one of the fastest production cars in the world — in Nürburgring lap times. Nissan claims GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki completed the famous German circuit in just 7 minutes and 29 seconds during runs on April 16th and 17th. According to their records, this puts the GT-R in second place for fastest laps by unmodified production cars — that's just behind the Pagani Zonda F's blistering 7 minutes and 27 seconds last November. Guess that wet lap time last year of 7 minutes and 38 seconds was just a test run, eh?

Kazutoshi Mizuno, the GT-R's Chief Vehicle Engineer said

"At last year's testing, we were frustrated by the conditions at the NĂĽrburgring, always believing that the GT-R could go under seven minutes 30 seconds, the GT-R proves it is among the fastest mass-production cars in the world. We set out to build a multi-performance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere - I believe the GT-R has delivered that promise."

Yeah well, we're beginning to think that car could make a hero out of even us.

http://jalopnik.com/386017/nissan-gt+r-officially-dry+laps-nrburgring-in-729-makes-us-wet

and before anyone else says it, who the fuck cares that a nissan guy was driving it...its not different then when chevy techs drive the vette or when ferrari techs drive those....

and yes panda, ZR1 > GT-R

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
according to Edmunds the GT-R is now the fastest production car to lap the Ring...ever....which is news to me actually

CASCAIS, Portugal — Carlos Ghosn, Nissan president and CEO, announced today that at Germany's famed Nürburgring, on April 16-17, 2008, a production Nissan GT-R achieved a lap time of 7 minutes, 29 seconds, making it the fastest production car ever to lap the Nürburgring circuit. (Earlier, a GT-R posted a 7-minute, 38-second lap time, establishing it as one of the world's fastest production cars.)

Previously, according to Ghosn, the Porsche GT2 and the Porsche Carrera achieved 7-minute 32-second lap times at the NĂĽrburgring. Nissan's GT-R is now officially some 3 seconds quicker around the NĂĽrburgring than Porsche.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
A car for anyone to drive like a pro in? How many GT-Rs are going to be sent to the crusher because of people trying to run the 'Ring all out?

I love this track, it mixes everything you can find in any other track in the world (barring the Cork Screw though), and smushes it into a 12+mile romp of skill and cajones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info