đź“° Auto News Spy Shots: Cadillac CTS Wagon!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:eek3:

Codenamed internally as the GMX 206, the Cadillac CTS Wagon has clearly gone beyond the consideration phase within GM's hallowed halls and is actively being developed. This prototype was just caught by spy photographers and the profile is unmistakable evidence that the CTS will soon get some extra cargo space. Cadillac's plan to expand the CTS into a full-fledged lineup that can compete with the likes of the the BMW 3-Series and Audi A4 hinges on producing more variants than just the sedan. The CTS Coupe Concept was introduced at the Detroit Auto Show in January, so it's no surprise that we're seeing the wagon in development now and we would expect a convertible version of the coupe eventually, as well. Sources say that Cadillac will build around 10,000 - 12,000 units of the CTS wagon at the same Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant as the sedan and coupe, with most of those being earmarked for sale in Europe. And we have to say that the Family Truckster has never looked so sharp.

cd_ctswagon_03_opt.jpg

More images
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/cadillac-cts-wagon-spy-shots/

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
cadillac certainly doesnt compete w/ what you have in mind :rofl: the cts and ctsv are aimed squarely at bmw and audi....the general wants to flesh out the cts brand to compete squarly w/ the markets the germans cover....its not surprised at all...audi has wagons that are hugely successful, cadillac can too....look at the escalade..soccer moms eat that shit up

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
cadillac certainly doesnt compete w/ what you have in mind :rofl: the cts and ctsv are aimed squarely at bmw and audi....the general wants to flesh out the cts brand to compete squarly w/ the markets the germans cover....its not surprised at all...audi has wagons that are hugely successful, cadillac can too....look at the escalade..soccer moms eat that shit up

soccer mom dont give a shit about wagons, they want the biggest SUV they can so then can drive the kids to practice getting 10 mpg. Most of the people drive SUV's as a status symbol. Probably 80% of the SUV's on the road will NEVER tow something or be filled at capacity. Thats something I hate when I see people driving SUV's that don't even need them. Its because people driving these useless trucks that we have such a high demand for gas, causing higher prices for everyone.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I see this as a smart move for Caddy. Mercedes, BMW and Audi all have wagons and the CTS is obviously a versatile and truly awesome platform. I bet they axe the SRX and bring in this as well as an SUV that's smaller than the SRX.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info