đź“° Auto News Is the Chevrolet Caprice Coming to Dealers?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/03/is-the-chevrolet-caprice-coming-to-dealers.html

6a00d83451b3c669e2016763c8dd6f970b-800wi

Is the Chevrolet Caprice Coming to Dealers?

A new model is replacing the Chevy Impala in its NASCAR Sprint Series racing lineup, GM announced yesterday. More importantly, the automaker also confirmed that the new car will be in dealer showrooms.

GM is mum on the car's name, but it could be the Caprice, which is currently only available in police car trim. The rear-wheel-drive Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle gets power from a 335-horsepower, 6.0-liter V-8 and six-speed automatic transmission. If the Caprice makes its way into dealerships, we assume it'll be toned down considerably since the sedan can do zero to 60 mph in less than six seconds and has been "performance calibrated for police duty," according to GM.

We'll have to wait a few months for more details. GM said the showroom model will closely resemble the racecar and that both cars will be unveiled later this year.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
GM is mum on the car's name, but it could be the Caprice, which is currently only available in police car trim. The rear-wheel-drive Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle gets power from a 335-horsepower, 6.0-liter V-8 and six-speed automatic transmission. If the Caprice makes its way into dealerships, we assume it'll be toned down considerably since the sedan can do zero to 60 mph in less than six seconds and has been "performance calibrated for police duty," according to GM.

How much more can they tone down the 6.0L? The G8 GT's 6.0L is rated at 361hp, and judging how mine dyno'd when stock, closer to 370hp.

Why is the 'performance calibrated for police duty' car making considerably less power?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
How much more can they tone down the 6.0L? The G8 GT's 6.0L is rated at 361hp, and judging how mine dyno'd when stock, closer to 370hp.

Why is the 'performance calibrated for police duty' car making considerably less power?

Yeah, I don't see a reason to. 361 hp in a 4,000+ sedan isn't exactly dangerous territory :rofl:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
i want one still. turbooood

If my G8 was my race car, I would definitely put a turbo on it. That car would be so much fun!

If ever the Mustang broke, and I didn't want to replace it with another coupe...I'd turn the G8 to my race car and turbo it. Then I'd pick up a sedan that is more fuel efficient. I'm gonna get raped on gas prices this year with both cars.

BTW, let me know next time you're going to a TCG event. I have your wakeboard in my garage. It was at my uncle's place in McHenry all winter long. I never made it up that way.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
And it will still be a FWD turd!

Speaking of turds, I was riding next to a Toyota truck that had 'Toyota Racing Development' written on the side of it and the acronym written below it.

Who thought that would be a good acronym, TRD. Tard? Turd?

You near Addision today? Miss Esa's truck has that on the back of it IIRC.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If my G8 was my race car, I would definitely put a turbo on it. That car would be so much fun!

If ever the Mustang broke, and I didn't want to replace it with another coupe...I'd turn the G8 to my race car and turbo it. Then I'd pick up a sedan that is more fuel efficient. I'm gonna get raped on gas prices this year with both cars.

BTW, let me know next time you're going to a TCG event. I have your wakeboard in my garage. It was at my uncle's place in McHenry all winter long. I never made it up that way.

okayyyyy will do
I dont get all the excitement for the Caprice. Its boring to me. Its like a bland G8.. and I liked the G8 lol.

thats why i like it. cuz it is bland. and boring. love it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info