Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2vrsm60.gif

Dodge, or rather SRT (we're still getting used to it being its own brand), has been busy teasing us with the new Viper that will be unveiled at the New York Auto Show in April, but that doesn't mean it's completely done flaunting the performance capabilities of the old model. Only a few short months ago, SRT released a video of the Viper ACR reclaiming the lap record at the NĂĽrburgring for a production car with a time of 7:12.13, taking the title away from the Lexus LFA NĂĽrburgring Edition.

Now the Viper Club of America has released a new video of the race-only Viper ACR-X tackling the Green Hell, and the result is even more impressive. The V10-powered spec racer lapped the circuit in just 7:03.058, more than nine seconds quicker than its roadgoing brother. It makes us wonder when we'll start seeing six-minute lap times at the NĂĽrburgring.

[YOUTUBEHD]MUK2ZmDz7eo[/YOUTUBEHD]

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
im not trying to take anything away here, but doesnt anyone think its unfair that the viper has a bolt on spoiler/splitter that actually generates downforce while other companys (chevy, nissan, lexus,) don't have anything like that on their cars? I know it came with the viper stock, but it doesn't seem to be an engineering marvel that the other companys couldn't also do. I wonder how the car does without the spoiler. or how the other cars do WITH one.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
im not trying to take anything away here, but doesnt anyone think its unfair that the viper has a bolt on spoiler/splitter that actually generates downforce while other companys (chevy, nissan, lexus,) don't have anything like that on their cars? I know it came with the viper stock, but it doesn't seem to be an engineering marvel that the other companys couldn't also do. I wonder how the car does without the spoiler. or how the other cars do WITH one.

The aerodynamic aids make a big difference. Look at Jan Magnuson (sp?) driving the original C6 Z06 and look at the revised ZR1 and Z06’s at the ring. That picture of Jan airborne was bad ass. You get traction, stability, and increased cornering speeds with a properly designed aero package with minimal drag.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
clarkson couldn't do it in 2-3 days of trying on that one episode... albiet some diesel car :rofl:, but the resident "badass chick" did it quite a bit quicker her first lap out in the car.

i did say 99% as well... you and a few other of the road race fiends were where i left that 1% unlikely chance for :rofl:

10 minutes is really slow. I'd think a lot of people could do it with a Viper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info