Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
im not sure what to think. for whatever reason, i initially thought "hey, nice rx8". then "that kind of reminds me of an aston and i dont know why." THEN i thought..."subaru was trying to ditch the boy racer look and this certainly goes back to that mantra."

so confused.

With every passing auto show, the production version of the Subaru BRZ rear-wheel-drive sports coupe draws closer. Here in Los Angeles, the Japanese automaker has debuted its BRZ Concept STI - a look at what could happen if the new coupe is left in the hands of Subie's in-house performance tuning division.

Curiously, the Concept STI does without a turbocharged engine - something that's become a Subaru tradition with its performance cars. Instead, the direct-injected 2.0-liter Boxer four has been left unchanged. Never fear, though - STI has added a full smattering of performance bits to the BRZ, including a more aggressively tuned suspension setup, Brembo brakes, and lightweight materials (a carbon fiber roof and wheels, specifically) to reduce overall weight.

Other modifications include a new front fascia with a revised splitter, and while Subaru hasn't really been known to build pretty cars, the appearance of this BRZ concept is really growing on us.

02-subaru-brz-concept-sti-la.jpg

03-subaru-brz-concept-sti-la.jpg

04-subaru-brz-concept-sti-la.jpg

07-subaru-brz-concept-sti-la.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Big brakes, big wing, quad exhaust, bite of a honda civic.

Seriously Subaru would it kill you to develop a turbo boxer 4 for this car to make it worth a damn. Oh thats right, you fuckers have a turbo boxer 4 but you don't put it in there? Kidding right?

Maybe they don't want to sell a car with an engine that fails? NA Subaru = best Subaru

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info