Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
that track app display has me enticed

http://www.mustangevolution.com/mustang-news/2013-ford-mustang-lcd-gauge-apps/

2013-mustang-reveal.jpg

Ford is set to reveal its updated 2013 Mustang at the 2011 LA Auto Show on Tuesday, but the automaker has released a teaser image via the company's Facebook page depicting a handful of the changes to the model. Those include new head- and taillights, as well as the Track App display. The spy shots we've seen so far have indicate that the 2013 Ford Mustang GT will borrow plenty of aesthetic cues from the current Shelby GT500 model, which means buyers should be able to look forward to more aggressive styling all around.

Some of those exterior tweaks likely have aerodynamic origins, including a new chin splitter and rear spoiler. We like what we've seen so far, and we can't wait to hear what Ford has planned for the 2013 GT500 when that vehicle bows. With the arrival of the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, the top-dog Mustang finally has some muscle car competition, which is always good news for fans of the pony car genre.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Bye Bye ZL1:

The big news for the 2013 Shelby GT500 is the new 5.8-liter supercharged V8. Nearly every part of the engine differs from the old 5.4-liter engine with new cross-drilled block and heads, updated camshaft profiles, a new TVS 2300 series supercharger and an upgraded cooling system. The result is 650 horsepower and 600 lb-ft torque, making the 5.8-liter V8 the most powerful production V8 engine in the world and allowing the GT500 capable of reaching 200 mph.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
What's the cost?

I am guessing over 60K with the goodies. I know I swing from Ford pretty hard, but this car sounds pretty damn amazing on paper.

"Available as part of the optional Performance Package, SVT-designed Bilstein electronic adjustable dampers are accessed on the dash with a simple push of a button. Normal mode gives customers a more comfortable ride over road irregularities. Sport mode is all about performance, delivering improved response time on the track and less body roll while cornering and pitch under braking. The Torsen limited-slip differential also comes with the Performance Package.

“The adjustable shocks let us develop our car on the track without any compromise,” said Kerry Baldori, Ford SVT Global Performance Vehicles chief engineer. “Before, we had to tune the car with street implications in mind. Now we can go as extreme as we want on the track setting and still offer the customer a comfortable ride on the road.”

Enthusiasts can upgrade their Performance Package with an additional Track Package for all-out performance. The option comes with an external engine oil cooler, rear differential cooler and transmission cooler for further durability. The coolers play an essential role in preventing crucial components from overheating under high-speed conditions."

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I'm not gonna disagree with you on this one, Sounds like a pretty sick car. I wish they'd redo the Ford GT again.

I am guessing over 60K with the goodies. I know I swing from Ford pretty hard, but this car sounds pretty damn amazing on paper.

"Available as part of the optional Performance Package, SVT-designed Bilstein electronic adjustable dampers are accessed on the dash with a simple push of a button. Normal mode gives customers a more comfortable ride over road irregularities. Sport mode is all about performance, delivering improved response time on the track and less body roll while cornering and pitch under braking. The Torsen limited-slip differential also comes with the Performance Package.

“The adjustable shocks let us develop our car on the track without any compromise,” said Kerry Baldori, Ford SVT Global Performance Vehicles chief engineer. “Before, we had to tune the car with street implications in mind. Now we can go as extreme as we want on the track setting and still offer the customer a comfortable ride on the road.”

Enthusiasts can upgrade their Performance Package with an additional Track Package for all-out performance. The option comes with an external engine oil cooler, rear differential cooler and transmission cooler for further durability. The coolers play an essential role in preventing crucial components from overheating under high-speed conditions."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info