Elgin
Real Name
Mike
thats a fast 4300lb land barge. but $100k price tag? :ugh:

145105d1319572083-car-drivers-m5-cover-story-december-issue-c-d_f10-m5-4.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The sticker for my 06' says 92k. They were always expensive.

I haven't driven one but I'm a big fan of the E60's ostentatiousness... It's not quiet about what it is and when you get into it, you know it and so does everyone around you.

The V10 is just sick. I can't wait to get it back.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Unless you are ridiculously rich, do not buy an M5 or M6 new, cause there's no doubt you'll lose 50% in 3 years. 50K loss over 3 years is too much for me to swallow, no matter how awesome these cars are. And yes, this is flying, and this car is NOT made for off the line acceleration. If you go on youtube and search m5 vs, you will see M5's walking everything from Lambos to Porsches on roll races, and we are talking the e60m5 which is quite a bit slower than this new one.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The E60 from a roll was almost not street-worthy. The car accelerated so hard and so fast that unless there was a LARGE gap between you and the car in front of you, you wouldn't even be able to get through the gear before you'd have to slow down. I don't think I ever had a wide open throttle shift in the car because I'd run out of space or would have been going 130+. I can't believe I'm saying it's too fast but fuck... it's too fast. But those few seconds you can romp on it make it more than worth it.

As far as buying new, thank God for the people that are willing to do that but I'd never consider it unless I had considerable amount of fuck you money. The same goes for the flagship cars. I'm completely content waiting 3 - 4 years and buying my $90,000 sedan for 30k. I'm in no hurry!

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Unless you are ridiculously rich, do not buy an M5 or M6 new, cause there's no doubt you'll lose 50% in 3 years. 50K loss over 3 years is too much for me to swallow, no matter how awesome these cars are. And yes, this is flying, and this car is NOT made for off the line acceleration. If you go on youtube and search m5 vs, you will see M5's walking everything from Lambos to Porsches on roll races, and we are talking the e60m5 which is quite a bit slower than this new one.

This car is flyin. 122 is a mid to low 11 second car with traction

Good to know that my Rustang could pull Lambos and Porsches from a roll since I worked a modded E60 M5 from a highway roll:ford:

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
So far the M3 is holding value well. Lost about 17k in 3.5 years. I'll take that.

Not that I've been looking at m3's lately :hsughwiggle:but yeah they do hold value pretty well. I wish I would have jumped on this stripper white 6speed m3 coupe that had a comp package when I test drove it last year. Granted my bimmer may be faster in a straigt line but god that thing could handle and felt good doing it.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They're pretty close as far as price. I'm sure the M5 is much more livable as a daily driver and cruiser without the Nissan's mechanical noises, clunks and rough ride. But the GT-R is just so fucking fast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info