Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Well, this one will save us a lot of typing: Later this year, Subaru will officially remove the "Impreza" name from the WRX and STI. The thought process here is that focusing the Impreza line on fuel economy (30 mpg combined) and interior space (2 inches more leg room) is more important these days than associating the newly redesigned sedan with the high-performance WRX and STI versions.

On the other side of the equation, this will allow Subaru to add features and tailor marketing more appropriately for a car in this price range.

The division of Impreza and WRX/STI will grow in 2013 when the WRX/STI will split off from the Impreza platform onto one designed for the performance variants.

No details were given on the new WRX or STI, but Bill Cyphers, Senior VP of sales for Subaru of America said that the STI would have 300-plus horsepower.

:dunno:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
So this is the "official" release....because they've been saying this for well over a year.

It's a smart move. Give the Wrx/Sti owners what they want and give all the old people what they want.

Let's just hope they actually do something to the Sti instead of having the same drivetrain pretty much since 04.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Not sure if Want

The good:

Fully loaded Impreza Sport Premium

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/impreza2012photos3.html

Subaru-2012-Impreza-Sport-5-door-accessory-vehicle-1024x682.jpg

*Don't like the window deflectors, minus that I think it looks sharp as hell, just personal preference, and it gets 27/36mpg with awd.

The bad:

$26K+ To get it loaded, the grill, fogs, side skirts, and front splitter alone are like $1,500. WRX starts at 25K...

The Ugly:

Base model

overview_modal.png

Only offered with 148hp motor, and a 5 speed manual or a CVT...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
this is about the wrx / sti. get that ugly as base car out of here.

I didn't want to start a new thread for the Base car cause it doesn't deserve it's own thread, figured this was the best place to post it. Trying to cut back on thread surplus to lower a bit of dasfinc hate...

tho the first pic doesnt look half bad. could be the myspace angle tho.

The link goes to a bunch more pictures, I'm really digging it with that grill and a handful of the optional extras.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info