Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:eek3:

You didn’t hear it here first; that is, if you’re a Ford fanatic, anyway. The chatter on the Ford fan-boy sites about the next-generation Taurus (due Fall 2009) has grown so loud and so sustained that we feel as if we should let you in on what all the talk is about.

No detail on the redesign other than it is expected to have roughly the same interior dimensions with a bit of the front and back overhangs subtracted, and of course, look a lot better than the current Taurus. The real back-and-forth is about the rumored engines and drivetrains. The base engine will be the current very good V6 engine with some more horsepower (but under 300 HP), available with the six-speed automatic and optional AWD. The real news is that Ford is going to bring back the Taurus SHO (although a sizable faction at Ford wants it to be called SVT) and this Taurus will offer as standard a considerably upgraded AWD suspension and braking package, upscale interior with Bluetooth and a stereo with a very large hard drive for storing MP3 files, and the best part, the GTDI D35 TwinForce V8 pumping out a wonderful 415 HP.

A full-size sedan that will go very, very, fast. Now that’s what you call a family hauler. The Taurus is a big comfortable car inside without being too big, so this would be a nice market niche for Ford.

Bear in mind that none of this is confirmed at this point, but all the talk is starting to firm up on the details, so that’s always a positive sign in these situations. And auto manufacturers in trouble have a habit of leaking details out on future product in order to keep the faithful, well, faithful, while they’re putting up with the not-so-good current product. So it would not be unprecedented for these sorts of specifications to leak out this far ahead of time.

We’ll let you know more when we know it. . . .

http://www.autosavant.net/2007/03/ford-taurus-of-2010.html

oh and hey, heres a leaked photo...enjoy

2010-Ford-Taurus.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've read it, too, but I still don't think it will happen. There's no need for it, especially with the impending 35 mpg CAFE regulations. A 415 hp AWD Taurus? Not gonna happen.

Sorry, I've been hanging around the pessimistic old-timers at work too much.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
For me Ford has lost its ballsy nature. SVO, SHO, the disappearance of SVT, where have they gone? Its easy to make different variants of the Mustang, why not put some of that zazz, jazz and razzamatazz into other models? Horsepower doesn't always have to go up. Suspension tuning can go a long way and a nice body kit and interior bits. But let it be put on the base stuff too, not just add it to a $4000 package that can only be had after you reach the $30K mark.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
For me Ford has lost its ballsy nature. SVO, SHO, the disappearance of SVT, where have they gone? Its easy to make different variants of the Mustang, why not put some of that zazz, jazz and razzamatazz into other models? Horsepower doesn't always have to go up. Suspension tuning can go a long way and a nice body kit and interior bits. But let it be put on the base stuff too, not just add it to a $4000 package that can only be had after you reach the $30K mark.

While not a hot-rodder's dream, the Ford Edge has a Sport package that in my opinion looks pretty good. There's some body work and rims, and I think that's it. It's a subtle package but does exactly what you mention. Currently, I don't think any of the other Ford products, except maybe the Fusion, would benefit from this type of package, though.

2243021366_ce33419318.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info