Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
w_Supercharged3.8L_V6_GenesisCoupe_bw_priddy1.jpg

The Hyundai Genesis coupe with the 3.8-liter V6 is no slouch. The car will probably make 333 horsepower in 2012, but still, with that 429 horsepower, 5.0-liter V8 kicking around, we want more.

A supercharger could do the trick, though, and that's exactly what our spy photographers have just snapped. This is very likely the R-Spec model. On the Genesis Sedan, the R-Spec gets unique wheels with hi-po summer tires and performance tuning on the suspension, steering and transmission. We'd expect similar from the coupe version, and we'd hope they tone-down the annoying power-cut during shifts, too.

It's no 5.0-liter V8, but the power output could be close. Fingers crossed this is bound for production and not simply an engineering exercise.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Reguardless of there old reputation hyundai has really snuck up on there competitors...... I used to work for them and when every company was closing there lots we were expanding ours. My mom even just bought a new 2011 hyundai veracruz over a new Honda Odyssey. 10 year 100,000 mile maintenece and free oilchanges for life! u really cant beat that unless u get a BMW 4 year no maintenence. Id buy a new hyundai in a heart beat they look good

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They want this car to be direct competition for the Ford Mustang. But they do not seem to want to put a 5.0 in the car. It looks like the direct injection 3.8 will be about 333hp. That is a nice little bump over the 306hp it has now. But a supercharged, or turbo, 3.8 would be a great addition to the line up as a 3rd motor option.

I test drove one and really want one of these cars. There are a few things I like about this car over the Mustang. Mainly the MPG and the fact I will not mod the Genesis like I would the Mustang. Saving me more money. hahaha Luckily the dealers didn't have the car I wanted. And said they will not be getting a lot of them as it is coming into the off season for them. But special ordering the car spec'd out like I want seems like a good idea. The person in charge of ordering the cars is looking into a few things for me. Like getting a Track package with a few deletions or a Grand Touring car with some options like the limited slip diff, deleting the spoiler and so on. Kind of excited to see what he comes back with. But now that I know the motor coming shortly is 333hp why not wait for the 333hp version? ugh, I hate buying cars. haha

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
But now that I know the motor coming shortly is 333hp why not wait for the 333hp version? ugh, I hate buying cars. haha

LOL aint that the truth. I've been wanting to get something new to replace my Mustang, but I keep wanting to wait for the next great thing to come out. I should have done it before I got married!!

I can see you taking this to some track events (road course).

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I can see you taking this to some track events (road course).

That would be the idea. I just don't know if I want to get a manual for every day driving. The auto with the paddle shifters or selectable (+ or - on the shifter gate) is not bad at all. Not retarded fast like a Ferrari or any thing like that. But not bad at all. And it holds any gear you want other than 1st. It will shift into second if you try too keep the revs up but let fully off the throttle.

The Track car I drove road more harsh than the mustang did. But not bad by any means. And the Genesis seems to have more cabin noise. But besides that I think the 333hp Genesis would be a great DD.

oh, and the Brembro brakes were awesome. I have never drove a car with good brakes before. I took a female friend with me for the test drive. I kept pulsing the brakes on purpose. She asked why I was doing it. I responded "When I do that your boobs bounce up and down." :bowrofl: She laughed and said if I buy the car the Brembro brakes are a must. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info