Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:dunno:

That's right, like the Porsche 911, the 2014 C7 Chevy Corvette will be available with a seven-speed manual transmission. Surprisingly enough, our contact for this source, someone close to the C7 Corvette project, declined to be named specifically as the source for this rumor, but as sources go, we trusted this one.

More bean-spilling ensued with some discussion into the new engine which is likely to still be a pushrod V8, but with direct-injection and variable lift. Anyone who thinks that the Vette's engine (especially the LS7) is a dog or outdated because it's still a pushrod is wildly misinformed and this new one should push the boundaries of that technology even further.

Also up in the air is whether or not the 7MT is going to have another overdrive gearor if the Vette will use 7 in place of the C6's already-super-tall-27mpg-highway-isn't-a-problem 6th and tighten up the other 6. *Edit: Another benefit of tightening up the current ratios and adding a tall 7th means that they won't need to run different transmissions for different Vettes. The ZR1 currently runs a close-ratio Tremec TR6060 while the others deal without close ratios.*

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Direct injection is the way of the future, it is going to turn the hot rod world on its ear, because now we can have 14 to 1 compression ratio street engines burning pump gas and have really aggresive cams.

YES YES YES

Do any vendors sell stand alone direct injection systems for existing engines?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
oh and variable lift...

128963965625807015.jpg

79vette

Wrenching
Feb 10, 2009
Batavia
Very cool. I never thought the powertrain was an issue in the C6. It was the interior, specifically the poor seat bolstering.

I dont give a flying fuck!!!!!! about the interior and poor seat bolstering. Give me better badder engines, give me lighter platforms, give me better suspensions!!!!!! its a sports car!!! buy a cts-v if your into interiors and shit.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I dont give a flying fuck!!!!!! about the interior and poor seat bolstering. Give me better badder engines, give me lighter platforms, give me better suspensions!!!!!! its a sports car!!! buy a cts-v if your into interiors and shit.

If you want the Corvette to be a true world-beating sports car, fit and finish and quality of the interior and exterior have to be a consideration. Gone are the days when you can just phone in the interior and just put a badass engine in it. Old men don't give as much of shit as they used to about engines, they care about looking good, riding nice, and nice interiors. It's bullshit that you can get nicer interiors in $30,000 sedans.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

That's because you're a drag racer. The seats in a Vette are piss poor and on a road couse they don't hold you properly. Also, what does it cost GM to use a better grade plastic in the interior materials?

79vette

Wrenching
Feb 10, 2009
Batavia
That's because you're a drag racer. The seats in a Vette are piss poor and on a road couse they don't hold you properly. Also, what does it cost GM to use a better grade plastic in the interior materials?

do what every road course driver does to his car, put a 5 point harness in it and be done. you have no buisness trying to throw any car into high speed turns wearing only a single cross over belt.

79vette

Wrenching
Feb 10, 2009
Batavia
my 79 vette came from the factory with bucket seats that literally wedged your ass into it. it was beyond bolsters, it was a suction cup. because of that, car and driver at the time called the vette the best handling sports car of the year. people complained about them so much GM reduced the bolsters in the C4 vettes cause they were so hard to get out of the car with them.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
do what every road course driver does to his car, put a 5 point harness in it and be done. you have no buisness trying to throw any car into high speed turns wearing only a single cross over belt.

A harness won't help the problem 100% either, you will still slide around. My friend had a harness on his Z06 and with the OEM seats there was still a bit of movement. The solution is a real seat. For example, look at a Porsche 911 seat or even a Viper seat. GM puts the sames shitty designed seat in the base, Z06, and ZR1 Vette. For 100K+, you should get a proper seat.

redevo58

Regular
Apr 3, 2010

:drums: This is exactly the reason why i picked up my z06. I just cant stand it when people pick up sports cars to just drive them like they have a damn prius, or to just to say they own said sports car and dont know anything else about the car except the damn name of the car. I could careless if the vette im driving right now was called a kia sorrento, as long as it came with all the same shit i would still be rocking one!

redevo58

Regular
Apr 3, 2010
A harness won't help the problem 100% either, you will still slide around. My friend had a harness on his Z06 and with the OEM seats there was still a bit of movement. The solution is a real seat. For example, look at a Porsche 911 seat or even a Viper seat. GM puts the sames shitty designed seat in the base, Z06, and ZR1 Vette. For 100K+, you should get a proper seat.

Its because your have old farts who buy a vette to just to say they have a vette, and complain about everything that makes to sporty! the seats are too tight, suspension to stiff and rough, blah blah blah blah!

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL

:drums: This is exactly the reason why i picked up my z06. I just cant stand it when people pick up sports cars to just drive them like they have a damn prius, or to just to say they own said sports car and dont know anything else about the car except the damn name of the car. I could careless if the vette im driving right now was called a kia sorrento, as long as it came with all the same shit i would still be rocking one!

This.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Agreed with everything. Chevy should have what the Mustang tiers do. Base Corvette with cloth and no ammenities but all the go fast parts for cheaper for a raw, street tearing sports car? Yes please. Premium Corvette with all the leather and special headunit and back up camera because you cant turn your head 90 fucking degrees and sensor that slows you down because you're too stupid to pay attention to driving and are doing something else for a much higher premium for the old man/woman/douchebag hipster? Sure, why not.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I'm serious and I know you know that. I'm tired of having to pay a premium price for shit I don't want when I'm pricing out new cars. Like the 5.0 I looked at. I don't want leather, I don't want the dumb Sync. I'd rather save $7,000 by not having those two things(that's the actual amount between a Premium GT and base GT with same options except leather/Sync) and put it into the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info