đź“° Auto News Ford develops anti door ding technology

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Why has no one does this before? Seems impossibly simple...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/09/ford-develops-nifty-pop-up-door-edge.html

Ford-Door-Edge-Protection-3.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Pretty clever idea for the careless.

"How many times have you hit your vehicle's doors on an adjacent car or a wall?" :ugh: never... I have respect for other people's property as well as my own.

I'm extremely careful, Didn't stop my 9 year old sister from opening the back door of my car into the side of a Mitsu Lancer years ago....

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton

"How many times have you hit your vehicle's doors on an adjacent car or a wall?" :ugh: never... I have respect for other people's property as well as my own.

yup yup

no need to spend millions of dollars to create anti-door ding technology

its called having respect for others stuff :smile:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So this prevents YOU from giving other people dings, assuming you are an jerk who doens't care, or just that negligent. Kids, sure, that helps cause they don't think of stuff like that.

But that doesn't stop other people from dinging your car, and MOST of them won't have this.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid

Fo'real. I got like 6ft doors and I've never hit anything. It's an ancient trick called being careful. If you got a kid in hte car, remind them to be careful when they are gettin out close to cars and whatnot.

So this prevents YOU from giving other people dings, assuming you are an jerk who doens't care, or just that negligent. Kids, sure, that helps cause they don't think of stuff like that.

But that doesn't stop other people from dinging your car, and MOST of them won't have this.

You're right about most people not having it but that's just the perpetuating theory. If no one comes along and starts putting these in their cars, it won't have any oppertunity to become a norm for cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info