đź“° Auto News Well the LFA's record didn't last long

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
America: F'ck Yeah!!!!
And it was done with a 2 year old car.

Chrysler's SRT team went to the Nürburgring today with one mission — to kick the ever-living crap out of the Lexus LFA and the Corvette ZR1. They succeeded. The 2010 Dodge Viper ACR set a new major automaker production car (excluding artisanal automakers like Gumpert and Radical) record run of the Nordschleife in just 7:12 and change.

With no 2011 model year Vipers being built, SRT turned to Tomball Dodge who supplied two brand-new 2010 Dodge Viper ACR's off of their showroom floor. Mintgen Motorsport, a well-known automotive shop based just a few miles from ze NĂĽrburgring helped provide local logistics and garage support.
xlarge_dodge_viper_acr_ring_4.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/5840489/dodge-viper-acr-sets-new-nurburgring-lap-time-of-712and-some-change

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
I do like the Vipers though. I was watching a show a few years back about them. They were built for one purpose and that was to kick ass. Not to much fancy shit, just a car with mass hp to the wheels.

Correct, a true drivers car. You make a mistake and you'll know right away. I would get a GTS before a corvette if I had the money.(and yes I know the prices are dropping on them :D )

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Correct, a true drivers car. You make a mistake and you'll know right away. I would get a GTS before a corvette if I had the money.(and yes I know the prices are dropping on them :D )

My buddy just sold him a few months back and got a good amount for it. I loved his car.

shame the next version is basically going to be neutered electronics wise.

It's going to be sad.

T

Typhoon

"Oh, and also, the SRT folks brought along a Dodge Viper ACR-X, which tore up the track with a stunning 7:03..and change. Those coy bastards."

That's flyin! I am curious as to what changes were made to the ACR that ran 7:12

As I remember the the last time they were there the car had a serious problem with the gearing being too short. It was banging off the rev limiter in about every other straight away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info