📰 Auto News Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package smashes Nordschliefe production record with 7:14 lap

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
jesus thats flying :run:

The web is afire with news that Lexus has managed to demolish the standing production-car record at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The news comes courtesy of EVO Magazine's own Chris Harris and Lexus itself via the miracle of Twitter. Lexus test driver Akira Iida reportedly managed to twist the LFA Nürburgring Edition around the infamous circuit in 7:14. If true, that time puts the carbon-fiber exotic four-seconds ahead of the previous production-car champion, the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, at 7:18, and it puts the LFA Nürburgring Edition in the top five quickest vehicles to ever run the track.

Impressive.

We'll keep you posted with more information as Lexus releases details on the run. Here's hoping they had the video cameras rolling while they were out laying waste to the Green Hell.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
calling bs on this sorry. The car is way underpowered compared to the 911gt2 rs and not a whole lot lighter. the porshe has 150 more tq, so does the zr1 which isn't too far off. the only reason it could possibly be faster is because the driver doesn't have to shift and can keep both hands on. I just find it hard to believe the porshce is that much slower dispite having the hp advantage. its also 100g more than the 911 gt2 and 200g more than the zr1 so its still a fail.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
and since I didn't know... I assume some others don't know...

Just the Facts:
  • The limited edition of the Lexus supercar will add $70,000 to the bottom line.
  • Only 50 LFAs will be equipped with the Nurburgring package.
  • Output is bumped by 10 horsepower to 562 hp.

GENEVA — Nearly a year after it was first announced, the 2012 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package makes its public debut in early March at the 2011 Geneva Auto Show.
The Nurburgring Package will add $70,000 to the LFA's base price of $375,000. A matte-black finish costs another $20,000.
Lexus said the new package will be limited to just 50 cars, out of the LFA's total production run of 500 units.
The Nururgring Package features enhanced aerodynamics and downforce, with a fixed rear wing, a larger front spoiler and fin-type side spoilers, all made from carbon fiber. The suspension also has been retuned and mesh-type wheels fitted with high-grip rubber.
Output on the 4.8-liter V10 has been increased by 10 horsepower to 562 hp and shift changes on the six-speed sequential gearbox cut to 0.15 second. Lexus says 0-60-mph acceleration takes less than 3.7 seconds and top speed is 202 mph.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
ok my bad didnt realize it was modified. OK so a 350g car with a 70g package on a tire we don't know of yet is 4 seconds faster than a car half the price. still not impressed. If this was a GTR that cost 100g maybe but still. they call it a production car but theres only 50 of them or whatever. Not enticed. This doesn't advance competition whatsoever due to the price. a 400g porsche or vette with a tire could easily beat this.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
god i don't know shit about this car... just saw this comment on youtube...

One sad fact is , LFA is all sold out. Which means that Toyota/Lexus likely won't care about what you or other had in mind about why not to buy LFA. The truth of the matter is, a carbon fiber loom weaving out that magnificent chassis alone is enough to make people to rush and wait in line for one. There is nothing like it, no one is crazy enough to do that, IIRC there's only two loom like that, and one is at Toyota making LFA.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
I meant to say, it too has an engine that is as impressive as the LFA's since it can also rev to 9000 rpm like the lfa.

I know plenty. I know the car is overpriced, ugly, and went through 10 years of production to bring us a car that couldnt outperform cars in its price class.

so they build a freak race car and beat a legendary time trial to get peoples attention so the buyers could feel justified as they blew extra money on what could have bought them a car with a more prestigous name and more performance.

Edit: ok they cant buy more performance than this cause apparently its the fastest production car. Im pretty sure a set of tires on a 911 gt2 RS has this car beat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info