đź“° Auto News Are you the facelifted 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
uhhhhhh :io:

genesis-coupe-630.jpg

gen-coupe-facelift-side.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/29/are-you-the-facelifted-2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe/

We're all anxiously waiting to see what Hyundai has up its sleeves for the updated Genesis Coupe, and it looks like we may have a better idea of what's coming down the line. Gencoupe.com forum member shcboyzone managed to lay hands on a few grainy photos of what's appears to be the 2013 Genesis Coupe. Is this the real deal? Hard telling. If it is, the sports car will rock styling that's very similar to what we've seen from the Hyundai Accent and Veloster. With a more upright fascia, hexagonal grille and sculpted lights, the similarities are unmistakable.

It looks like the vehicle will also feature unique hood louvers, though it's unclear from the photos whether or not the pieces are actually functional. Around back, Hyundai has graced the coupe with a set of LED tail lamps as well. While this design seems to dovetail fairly closely with the heavily camouflaged mules we've seen in testing, we won't know for sure whether or not this is the real deal until we get closer to the vehicle's unveil at the next Detroit Auto Show. Head over to the Gencoupe.com forums for a closer look at the car.

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Why would they take arguably their best vehicle(RWD to boot, too) and make it look worse? The first gen look was fine, it honestly looked like it had some muscle to it despite having a 3.8 V6 and turbo I4. Just wish they'd put the V8 in the coupes...

Do not want. And we all thought TA's looked like alien ships.

oh so you liked the tiburon

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The more I look at it, the more it grows on me. Hopefully they address the weak base engine and sloppy suspension.

I started researching it on line and reading the forums about this car. I thought the suspension was one of the things people and magazines liked about these cars?

And the turbo 4 seems a little under powered stock. But they seem to respond well to bolt ons and tunes as you would expect a turbo motor could. So a increase in power would be nice from the factory. As long as it keeps the gas mileage up that is.

I still want to drive on of these cars. I am considering one as a daily driver. Maybe driving one will help me make up my mind. haha

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Ew. I hope thats not what they do with it next. It looks like an agressive Elantra more than it does anything like the Genesis. The current Genesis has excellent styling. If they're gonna change it at all, they should make it look more like the concept from a few years ago.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I started researching it on line and reading the forums about this car. I thought the suspension was one of the things people and magazines liked about these cars?

And the turbo 4 seems a little under powered stock. But they seem to respond well to bolt ons and tunes as you would expect a turbo motor could. So a increase in power would be nice from the factory. As long as it keeps the gas mileage up that is.

I still want to drive on of these cars. I am considering one as a daily driver. Maybe driving one will help me make up my mind. haha

Bolt-ons and a tune would be great, but I'd hate to spend money simply to make power that other cars already have for the same price, like the Mustang V-6 or WRX. The Gen coupe is like 3,300 pounds so it's lighter than the Mustang (not by much) but the Ford feels more refined all the way around.

As far as the suspension, the ass end always wants to hang out. There's surprisingly little grip considering the sticky tires that come with the Track/R-spec models.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Well the 2.0 R spec was advertised by them as a car that comes with some options for performance but still allow the owner to customize as they wanted to. It was like $3K cheaper than the touring package. I hear what you are saying though.

I can't see paying $30+ for the V6 Touring or track package. First off it is no longer a cheap car. And the gas mileage goes from 30mpg with the 2.0 down to 20mpg with the V6. Some extra grunt and performance for sure. But I can get a new Mustang 5.0 with Brembo brake option for just under $30. Same gas mileage and even more performance.

I may have to test drive the 2.0 & 3.8 and see what I think.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
R-Spec comes with all the same performance options as the Track and is $25k. Tires, suspension, brakes, sways. There are no options, either. No cruise control is the biggest omission. The others I could live with, like the deletion of automatic headlights. You can't even add those if you wanted to.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
But of course, drive it and see what you think. The car has a lot of untapped potential.

I try and keep my DD pretty close to stock. I need another money pit like I need another hole in my head. haha So modifying a 2.0 Turbo would be bad. Especially if the tune melts down the motor and the dealer tells me to pound sand because it has a tune in it.

That is what scares me about buying a new 5.0 too. I know it will start with a new shifter, then chassis braces and just spiral out of control. Yes, I have a problem. hahaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info