đź“° Auto News 2012 Hyundai Azera coming soon!!!

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I'm VERY intrigued I must say. This car is briding the gap between the new Sonata and the Genesis. Probably trying to take buyers from the Camery, Maxima, Avalon, lacrosse, and what not in the midsized class.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and will be very interested come early 2012. I aleady really like the Sonata, and the Genesis although 44K is a little too much for me right now. This will probably be a great part in their lineup.

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/a...azera-set-for-2011-los-angeles-auto-show.html

Edit for added picture:

2012_hyundai_azera_f34_ns_72711_717.jpg

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I love the new sonata, if they put the 2.0t engine in this I will love it even more due to the sportier look.

Apparently they are gunning for a 300+ HP V6 that gets 30 mpg on the hwy...

That's the rumor at least. Pretty decent lineup though, Sonata with the 2.0 270 hpturbo, Azera with 300hp V6, and Genesis with 400 hp V8.

:jg:

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Apparently they are gunning for a 300+ HP V6 that gets 30 mph on the hwy...

That's the rumor at least. Pretty decent lineup though, Sonata with the 2.0 270 hpturbo, Azera with 300hp V6, and Genesis with 400 hp V8.

:jg:

300 hp v6...30 mpg?? Awesome. I want one. Depending on how this ends up being after it actually comes out...this might just take the 04-08 Acura TL's spot as my favorite car (that's actually kinda affordable).

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
They got the looks and the features down... I wish they'd make them fun to drive or at least acceptable to drive. They dial so much understeer into the Genesis that you can't even throttle steer it and it's rear wheel drive.

The Eques (or however you spell it) is a pretty bad ass looking car but for what they want for it I can't see how anyone would grab one over a top of the line 5 series.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
The Eques (or however you spell it) is a pretty bad ass looking car but for what they want for it I can't see how anyone would grab one over a top of the line 5 series.

It's because the Equus is going after the 7-series. The current 2012 Genesis R-spec and 4.6 are more comparable to the 5-series in size (and about 25K cheaper)

The Equus, while going after the 7-series is underpowered but has the amentities. I believe it's about 30K cheaper when comparably equipped...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info