đź“° Auto News Ford Has Highest Loyalty: GM, Toyota Close Behind

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
:nutz:

6a00d83451b3c669e2014e874353b3970d-800wi

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2011/04/ford-has-highest-loyalty-gm-toyota-close-behind.html

Ford Motor Co., the maker of Ford and Lincoln vehicles, ended 2010 with the highest loyalty rates in the auto industry, according to R.L. Polk & Co. About 63% of all Ford car owners bought or leased another new Ford vehicle when they returned to the market in 2010.

The 3.9 percentage point increase in Ford’s loyalty score was enough for the automaker to surpass General Motors, which had the highest loyalty score in 2009. GM (59.9%) and Toyota Motor Co. (58.8%) come in second and third for most-loyal customers.

When you break down loyalty scores to the brand level, the Ford brand remains in the top position (60.3% bought another Ford), followed by Mercedes-Benz (56.7%), Honda (56.6%), Toyota (56.4%) and Chevrolet (53%).

The numbers for Toyota are particularly impressive since buyers were returning to the market shortly after and even during the recall woes the company faced in 2009 and 2010.

In terms of specific models, car shoppers were the most loyal to the Mercedes-Benz E-Class (44.2%), followed closely by the Ford F-Series (44.2%) and Lincoln MKZ (41.6%).

As a vehicle class, luxury carmakers saw the biggest improvements in loyalty rates in 2010. Land Rover (+8.2 percentage points), Acura (+7.5) and Cadillac (+7.1) saw huge gains in loyalty, which is primarily attributed to an improving lease market, according to Polk.

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
Ford has the best kool-aid! :eek:hyea:

At one point I was a Chrysler junkie, having owned a couple of Turbo Daytonas, a Turbo LeBaron, and a Plymouth Sundance. I bought each one from someone saying the trans was out, drained them and refilled using the proper Chrysler trans fluid and drove them each for 30k+ miles.

I miss my last Daytona though, extra injector (for WOT use), converted from TI to TII, 'grainger' valve to control boost... it was wicked fast compared to my V8 Thunderbird.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
At one point I was a Chrysler junkie, having owned a couple of Turbo Daytonas, a Turbo LeBaron, and a Plymouth Sundance. I bought each one from someone saying the trans was out, drained them and refilled using the proper Chrysler trans fluid and drove them each for 30k+ miles.

I miss my last Daytona though, extra injector (for WOT use), converted from TI to TII, 'grainger' valve to control boost... it was wicked fast compared to my V8 Thunderbird.

I wouldn't call the V8 thunderbirds fast by any stretch of the mind

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Not even with PI heads/cams/intake? I know stock that they are only 175 rwhp, but I should be around 250 which is a modest increase. Not to mention that the Daytona is probably heavier anyway -- they are lead sleds.

I was saying stock, which my thunderbird was. With PI swaps they are better, but if I was going the thunderbird route again I would go 4v. But that's just me. I don't want to mess around with the wimpy 2v motors.

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
I was saying stock, which my thunderbird was. With PI swaps they are better, but if I was going the thunderbird route again I would go 4v. But that's just me. I don't want to mess around with the wimpy 2v motors.

To make any power out of a 4v requires much more cash though...

I mean, you're going to want a mark viii lower end with mustang "C" heads because the "B" mark heads are torqueless wonders, then you more than double the cost of cams plus all the difficulties with the install itself.

A pair of cams from MHS is $600 shipped, and if I replace valve springs I can go bigger, if I notch pistons I can go much bigger.

How much are 4v cams again?

Meanwhile for another $2k (the aprox price I'm guessing for getting a mark engine with C heads and a tune) I'll be a lot faster than where you'd be starting from...

why chevrolet and not GM ? you would think some GMC truck guys continue to go back.
anyways, i have been all over the map

94 cutlass supreme
98 camaro ( still own )
02 sentra
99 wrangler
09 frontier ( currently DD )

I think its flawed. GM people crossover to other GM brands. So if you owned a Chevy, Buick your not loyal?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info